• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,200 posts in this topic

WoW!! This must've been a good buy, greggy's not slamming it at all!

Yes, my confidence is validated!

Thank You greggy!! thumbsup2.gif

Rick

I would never slam your books, Kent. You yes, but not the books. Sup, fool? makepoint.gif

What's with the formality? Or have you just forgotten my first name? It's not like I include it in every post...

Oh wait-

Rick

PS: "Sell it as a VF+ on eBay as usual "

Well...of course. How else am I gonna get rid of...I mean unload...I mean sell it? Duh. stooges.gif

WoW!! This must've been a good buy, greggy's not slamming it at all!

Yes, my confidence is validated!

Thank You greggy!! thumbsup2.gif

Rick

I would never slam your books, Kent. You yes, but not the books. Sup, fool? makepoint.gif

What's with the formality? Or have you just forgotten my first name? It's not like I include it in every post...

Oh wait-

Rick

PS: "Sell it as a VF+ on eBay as usual "

Well...of course. How else am I gonna get rid of...I mean unload...I mean sell it? Duh. stooges.gif

How was the WSOP this year?

...I did get these two recently,...too bad they are marvels,... frown.gif

That's all right, we forgive you. tongue.gif

Seriously, excellent additions!! If I wasn't married, I could sell the house & start my own Spidey collection. I couldn't finish it...but I could darn well start it!

Rick

How was the WSOP this year?

$12 mill 1st prize, but I didn't deal it. I wanted to, but they screwed around with the tip pool. They diluted it by including more employees, thus thinning out they overall payout. If they want top dealers involved with the WSOP, they sure are going about it in an a*s-backwards way...?

Rick

FF048.jpg

FF048bc.jpg

Thanks to Paul (Dad&Son) for this book.

893applaud-thumb.gif

i like seeing stuff like this - it's what makes the hobby cool...............

a young guy getting a cool book and not worried about the condition.........(at least for now)........... thumbsup2.gif

I love the pen marks on the lettering. smile.gif

For some reason I would do that too, as a kid. Draw in stripes like that...

But never on comics.

I too have absolutely no issue with having beat up, old, cheap books. About half of my silver age comics are nice, and half are nasty.

As long as none of the damage I can see was caused by *me*, I'll be happy with my books. If there's some sort of flaw, even on an already beat up book (trying to unfold a corner, carefully, only to have it break off), I'll avoid looking at it due to guilt, and the inability to focus on anything but that flaw, even if overshadowed by the crayon "AlEx's BoOk", etc. smile.gif

Centering is nicer thumbsup2.gif,

what brings it down to a 8.0 confused-smiley-013.gif

The old label 27_laughing.gif

It's actually a gorgeous 8.0. It's got two barely color-breaking creases near the LRC, and a ding near the URC, as well as a miniscule paper-thin color-breaking line just above the second henchman's back on the spine.

It could probably get an 8.5, if necessary.. but that's not really an issue for me unless i was interested in selling it. Which i'm not. cloud9.gif

FF048.jpg

FF048bc.jpg

Thanks to Paul (Dad&Son) for this book.

893applaud-thumb.gif

i like seeing stuff like this - it's what makes the hobby cool...............

a young guy getting a cool book and not worried about the condition.........(at least for now)........... thumbsup2.gif

It's complete, and readable. All that matters. thumbsup2.gif

You should see my ASM 195, it's beyond 0.5, I did buy a upgrade last year.

But I never did get rid of the worse comic I own in my collection.

However, I will someday buy HG comics. May not now, but I hope to.

Retinal:

love the pen marks on the lettering.

For some reason I would do that too, as a kid. Draw in stripes like that...

But never on comics.

I too have absolutely no issue with having beat up, old, cheap books. About half of my silver age comics are nice, and half are nasty.

As long as none of the damage I can see was caused by *me*, I'll be happy with my books. If there's some sort of flaw, even on an already beat up book (trying to unfold a corner, carefully, only to have it break off), I'll avoid looking at it due to guilt, and the inability to focus on anything but that flaw, even if overshadowed by the crayon "AlEx's BoOk", etc.

I love the markings aswell! It somehow goes with the book. Or so it seems.

Whoever did it knew how to do it without making it look like craap. Not that it would matter. 27_laughing.gif

I have lots of comics with some sort of pen marking on it.