• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,136 posts in this topic

OK - I didn't get this this week - I did find it in the comic cavern a couple weeks ago and had promised to post it. Adventure 108 NM- to NM , no cover gloss though - do any of you GA collectors out there know if issues of this vintage had cover gloss? I opened the cover recently when I re-mylared to check for restoration and it was all curled in tight to the spine, like it had never been opened. OW pages.

1553409-adv108d.jpg

1553409-adv108d.jpg.9a4e90852ef560ce2a450fbf00754f31.jpg

OK - I didn't get this this week - I did find it in the comic cavern a couple weeks ago and had promised to post it. Adventure 108 NM- to NM , no cover gloss though - do any of you GA collectors out there know if issues of this vintage had cover gloss? I opened the cover recently when I re-mylared to check for restoration and it was all curled in tight to the spine, like it had never been opened. OW pages.

1553409-adv108d.jpg

That is sweet! You selling that? Thats one of my favorite covers.

That is sweet! You selling that? Thats one of my favorite covers.

Oh...., probably not. I love the cover too - cool!!! I find it hard to sell anything, even some of my duplicates. This is one of the few GA I own, and this is the oldest and in the best shape. I bought it as a fluke - I had money at the time, and there was no HG SA in Reno comic shops, so I bought this and a miscut Strange Tales 101. I wish I had had more $ at the time, as the same shop had a couple CAs in the 50's - they were only in about VF, so I skipped on them, and made the choices as above. Anyway, I didn't know WTF I was doing, as I wasn't collecting GA, and it was a little scary to drop the money I did into this one. Although, if I had it to do over again, knowing what I know now, I would have found a way....,

Here are two others. Try to find these in your local comic shop!!

3. Incredible Hulk #449 or Thunderbolts #1 Variant Cover (American Entertainment Exclusive) (NM+)

Note: Inside cover says Incredible Hulk #449 Vol.1 but is mainly known as Thunderbolts #1 variant cover or Thunderbolts Prelude.

Hpim1573.jpg

4. Bucky O'Hare Hardcover - Signed and limited to 2000 (#1118 of 2000)

Hpim1571.jpg

Boy, you are just ravaging all those Peds out there 893whatthe.gif

shy.gif

My first Curator.

DD47.jpg

great story in this one, too. along with the DD/Cap fight in 43, it's one of the best SA DD tales

Picked up some comics real cheap today from an LCS about 30 miles from me. They also have a bunch of great old war books I'll have to check out when money becomes available. These are all from the Jim Aparo run.

$10.00

adv431bq9.jpg

Edited by TheGreatSatan

1553409-adv108d.jpg

This should have been printed with a mat finish -- and would not be very glossy.