• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,135 posts in this topic

BTW...your registry set is the only one i watch closely, since you update it, and it's amazing to see you slowly but surely finish it.
Thanks dude. Thats cool to hear. I appreciate that thumbsup2.gif

A few more pickups from WonderCon...

Was pleasantly surprised to pick this one up for about 60% of guide...

1699782-StrangeTales-Ann2-fc.jpg

Love those ST's!!!

Agreed.

How's the Spider-man story?

This one puts me 1 issue from completing a mostly high grade run of one of my favorite "silly" Marvel titles... (only # 13 to go!)

1699794-NotBrandEchh-%2311-fc.jpg

I always liked Not Brand Echh. I took my screen name/ ebay id from the first story in #12, a takeoff on Camelot called Comiclot, which I thought was oh so clever when I first read it back in the sixties.

Love those ST's!!!

Agreed.

How's the Spider-man story?

Thanks, guys smile.gif

I recall the spidey story being pretty great... haven't re-read it yet in the book pictured, but read it as a kid...it's the fourth overall appearance of Spidey, and the first drawn by Kirby I believe...? It's a classic, that's about all I remember specifically except the intro... Johnny's showing off a new car, Spidey/Peter's jealous and messes up the car, first fight ensues...(this is from 25-year old recall)..?

Two key additions to the X-men collection this week: X-men 7 CGC 9.2 (the nicest 9.2 I have ever seen) cloud9.gif and X-men 18 CGC 9.4 (Curator pedigree) cloud9.gif

X-men7CGC9.jpg

X-men18CGC9.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Two key additions to the X-men collection this week: X-men 7 CGC 9.2 (the nicest 9.2 I have ever seen) cloud9.gif and X-men 18 CGC 9.4 (Curator pedigree) cloud9.gif

X-men7CGC9.jpg

X-men18CGC9.jpg

Ah, now those are some sweet X-Men books. hail.gif

To MK, just some good natured ribbing. flowerred.gif

And a couple of Showcase pick-ups: 73 CGC 9.6 (1st app of Creeper)

Showcase73CGC9.jpg

Wow! I have two copies of this book but neither is in this league. Stunning! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Why is this book common? I have multiple copies too, although nothing even close to this 9.6 grade. Was it overprinted by DC, or saved by collectors in unusually large numbers? The idea that some comic books were more collectable than others was beginning to sink into kids like myself at the time, and "everyone knew" how collectable Ditko's early Spider-Man comics were.

I've plucked some of the later versions of Creeper out of quarter bins and bargain lots. The character has the same name and general appearance -- or not! The Vertigo version merely borrows the name.

Jack