• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,150 posts in this topic

i know that everyone who wants these books probably has them by now, but i got these as a presale from Colossus Comics at an amazing amazing amazing price waay before anyone knew they would be huge.

cap25presaleid5.jpg

the story of these books is actually on the price. i purchased the presale for these about 3 months before the issue came out (just waaay in advance) because I had a feeling the issue would be big, and when he had a listing for the regular cover and the variant cover in a single lot + reading copies, I was down.

the price I paid for these books was a steal. why? because they listing he put up was actually a TYPO and not the price he had intended. i bought 1 of the 10 he had up, and once i checked the listing again, it was gone. some time went by and i got an email saying that the listing price i had purchased was a typo, but the seller was going to honor the price. how great is that??

all in all, the total price I paid for 4 copies of Cap #25, 2 being cgc 9.8 was about $57US smile.gif

Well I won't quote the photos but the Exciting Comics is excellent. I love that cover because it was among the first GGA books I looked at closely that made me turn my head slightly blush.gif Very nice.

Nice books. Every blue bolt comic I have ever seen has some crazy colors to it. Is it like that throughout the title.

Hey! A comment! Nice! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yeah, LB Cole often used...extreme...color palettes in order to grab a kid's attention at the newsstand. He was a master of "poster-style" covers and sales reflected his marketing savy. That's why he did hundreds of covers (of all different genres) for different companies during the golden age.

Well I won't quote the photos but the Exciting Comics is excellent. I love that cover because it was among the first GGA books I looked at closely that made me turn my head slightly blush.gif Very nice.

Thanks. It's my first Xela airbrush cover....though I hope to have more soon! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

exciting59.jpg

stupid fresh book. a full run of HG Schomburg airbrush covers is one of those things i will likely go to my grave wishing i owned