• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,155 posts in this topic

Thanks guys. That's one of my favorite Craig covers. I know it isn't one of his classic, lurid efforts, but this one really reminds me of 50s noir movies...which I have always liked.

I like to show comics no one else has seen or heard of before. I know this comic is not worth anything but I bought it out of curiousity!!

Jason Monarch #1 (1979)

scan0004-3.jpg

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Talk about stereotype

--------------------------------------

I wasn't aware that stereotypes for Japanese included fangs, claws and Vulcan-like pointy ears, even in 1943!

I try to not get too caught up in the stereotype's, it was a different time and world no question, just appreciate the art (one of the better covers and it was even done by Shomburg) and the history. Its moved close to the top of my collection as far as favorites are concerned.

I just recently joined the boards and started collecting comics again (after 2 years of not buying any and selling 90% of my 20 year collection) but am back with a vengence. Here are a few of my picks, big thanks to drummy and a number of other board members

Avengers4SS.jpgFF%201.jpgJIM83SS.jpgTOS39SS.jpghulk181.jpgdefendersart.jpg