• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,146 posts in this topic

Once I saw this I had to have it. Suprisingly, it is listed in the Overstreet Price Guide. The feel of the paper is incredible!! Even the wife was amazed!!

Porky Pig's Duck Hunt - 1st app. of Porky Pig and Daffy Duck

HPIM1727.jpg

Once I saw this I had to have it. Suprisingly, it is listed in the Overstreet Price Guide. The feel of the paper is incredible!! Even the wife was amazed!!

HPIM1727.jpg

Terrific book! 893applaud-thumb.gif Thanks for sharing! thumbsup2.gif

HPIM1727.jpg

This is a great book. The paper is actually linen. Linen books were actually pretty popular for kids in the 1930's. In fact, there's a whole slew of Disney linen books. None of them as valuable as the guides states. (A friend of Donut and mine actually has a wall in his store office lined with them, none of which he has paid more than a few bucks for). Why these are in Overstreet is beyond me--as collectible as they are, this isn't a comic book. Might as well include every Golden book or kids' book in there.

By the way, and I'd have to double check this, but I think this book is just about the first Daffy appearance anywhere, even predating his cartoon appearance.

HPIM1727.jpg

This is a great book. The paper is actually linen. Linen books were actually pretty popular for kids in the 1930's. In fact, there's a whole slew of Disney linen books. None of them as valuable as the guides states. (A friend of Donut and mine actually has a wall in his store office lined with them, none of which he has paid more than a few bucks for). Why these are in Overstreet is beyond me--as collectible as they are, this isn't a comic book. Might as well include every Golden book or kids' book in there.

By the way, and I'd have to double check this, but I think this book is just about the first Daffy appearance anywhere, even predating his cartoon appearance.

Interesting.. Linen books... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif so if a small child used it to wipe his/her nose then CGC may note on the label... " small amount of snot on spine " would it still get Blue label then tongue.gif