• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,136 posts in this topic

Speaking of ... this just arrived today for me, I'm hoping it's worth $2500 xmen137ee2.jpg

there was an auction last year where the seller had that book in VG for 2.5k on account of the sweepstakes offer.

there's no shortage of idjits in the world, that's for sure

Hey Gang -

Haven't posted in a couple of months so I have some catching up to do. Let's start with a couple of Bronze Gems that I recently picked up (Starting with a "grail" book that just arrived ...Hulk 181 CGC 9.8):

Hulk181CGC9.jpg

and Conan 1 CGC 9.8

Conan1CGC9.jpg

and the ONE and ONLY copy of Iron Fist 1 CGC 9.8

IF1CGC9.jpg

and the ONE and ONLY copy of Fear 19 CGC 9.8 (1st Howard the Duck)

Fear19CGC9.jpg

and more obscure...Kz-Zar 1 CGC 9.8

Ka-zar1CGC9.jpg

Hey Gang -

Haven't posted in a couple of months so I have some catching up to do. Let's start with a couple of Bronze Gems that I recently picked up (Starting with a "grail" book that just arrived ...Hulk 181 CGC 9.8):

Hulk181CGC9.jpg

and Conan 1 CGC 9.8

Conan1CGC9.jpg

IF1CGC9.jpg

and the ONE and ONLY copy of Fear 19 CGC 9.8 (1st Howard the Duck)

Fear19CGC9.jpg

and more obscure...Kz-Zar 1 CGC 9.8

Ka-zar1CGC9.jpg

Good Lord man!! Every time you post it exceeds the previous one!! Simply astounding!! hail.gif893whatthe.gif

IF1CGC9.jpg

and Sully... not trying to rain on any parade as I already did this... hail.gif but do you think it would still get a 9.8 with that upper left corner..is that a bindery tear from manufacturing... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Good question...what looks like a bindery tear on the book is actually just dust/scratch on the case itself (it is an older case)....there is no bindery tear on the actual book...THAT SAID the upper left corner does have a bit of "fuzz" on the very top...making it a borderline 9.8...but I have certainly have seen my share of 9.8s with the occassional "soft corner." Even so...very glad to own it as I love the Iron Fist series.

Thanks guys...it is nice to have the hard work of accumulating these books appreciated by felloe board members...Here are some Silver Age books recently acquired (starting off with another grail book...the Northland Strange Tales 110 CGC 9.4):

ST110CGC9.jpg

and a couple of early Hulks (love the Rhino cover on 104):

Hulk104CGC9.jpg

Hulk107CGC9.jpg

and Avengers 70 and 85 in 9.6 (Squadron Sinister appearances..looking for these books to break out soon)...

Avengers70CGC9.jpg

Avengers85CGC9.jpg

More silver age...starting with Fantasy Masterpieces 5 in 9.8

FantasyMast5CGC9.jpg

and MSH 18 CGC 9.6 (1st Guardians of the Galaxy):

MSH18CGC9.jpg

and a few early Cap Pedigrees...

Cap105CGC9.jpg

Cap108CGC9.jpg

and a Daredevil 22 (needed to plug a hole in my set):

DD22CGC9.jpg

Yes, still a real estate lawyer by trade...but me and my partners are trying to do more and more real estate development lately which takes a good portion on my time...and hopefully will take even more as time goes on...it helps to feed the habit!!!

I have to throw this one in becasue I am a big fan of the Alan Moore run on Swampy...just arrived yesteday

ST20CGC9.jpg

...now back to silver age...here are some nice Tales to Astonish I picked up recently

TTA62CGC9.jpg

TTA87CGC9.jpg

TTA89CGC9.jpg

TTA97CGC9.jpg

and a TOS 52

TOS52CGC9.jpg

and a nice Strange Tales 150

ST150CGC9.jpg