• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,188 posts in this topic

Those are some awesome Gil Kane Defenders covers, that convinced a lot of kids like me to buy the that was contained in the interior!

Sal Buscema wasn't that bad. (shrug)

Indeed. A bit generic, but he was always reliably good and his artwork allowed the story to flow.

Wow. Been looking for a HG copy for about 7 years now. Major kudos on that Dredd.

Thank you.

I've got to say out of all of them THIS has to be the toughest issue to find really high grade copies of (Blasted Black Cover) :frustrated:

Those are some awesome Gil Kane Defenders covers, that convinced a lot of kids like me to buy the that was contained in the interior!

Indeed. A bit generic, but in the 70s he was always reliably good and his artwork allowed the story to flow.

fixed that

I hear ya. It's tick city everytime I see one. Do you have a scan of the back?
Not yet.

The back cover to this is a real pain to.

Sometimes the front cover will look perfect, but turn it around and it's a mess. :P

Indeed. A bit generic, but in the 70s he was always reliably good and his artwork allowed the story to flow.

fixed that

Actually, that's a good call. Should've clarified.

fixed that

Actually, that's a good call. Should've clarified.

With a top flight inker his work looks great. Those Defenders books with Klaus Janson inks are pretty choice. Joe Staton also punched up his pencils, and I'm partial to Gerry Talaoc on him as well.

Another nice Patsy Walker courtesy of a recent Dale Roberts sales thread:

Patsy Walker #111 • November 1963 • September 1963 newsstand

Poor Patsy manages to embarrass herself on a Candid Camera-type show -- not the sort of nationwide fame she'd have wished for.

PW111FNov63.jpg