• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,197 posts in this topic

scan0337.jpg

What's So Much Fun! inc.?

Reprints that CGC insists on calling 2nd prints because the indicia is wrong. They came along with action figures and mail-away coupons.

So Much Fun variants

Finding a 9.4 copy of one of these is impressive. Most copies are Fine or worse.

Made by bedrock in Houston yesterday and picked this up... I've even wanting this book for sometime now... Thanks to Chris (cmack) and Richard for hooking me up with a great price.,. Thanks guys

db1f483f.jpg

great meeting you guys! enjoy the book and thanks for talking funny books with me lol

Made by bedrock in Houston yesterday and picked this up... I've even wanting this book for sometime now... Thanks to Chris (cmack) and Richard for hooking me up with a great price.,. Thanks guys

db1f483f.jpg

great meeting you guys! enjoy the book and thanks for talking funny books with me lol

My pleasure, it was fun... Wish I could've stayed longer...

scan0337.jpg

What's So Much Fun! inc.?

Reprints that CGC insists on calling 2nd prints because the indicia is wrong. They came along with action figures and mail-away coupons.

So Much Fun variants

Finding a 9.4 copy of one of these is impressive. Most copies are Fine or worse.

Hey Cheetah, just out of curiosity, what do you think would be a more accurate label for them? 2nd print seems to suit them just fine. (shrug)

I think they should be labeled reprints. It's pretty clear to me that the people who put together the indicia inside comics seldom had a clue as to a second print vs reprint. There's no clear definition between the two that is consistent in the industry. If you look at the Stridex variants, almost all of them are labeled as reprints in the indicia. There are at least two, X-men 245 and 266, that are listed as second prints. CGC, in their infinite wisdom, has chosen to label them all as reprints except X-men 266. Why X-men 245 got the bum's rush, I don't know.

Regardless, any of these books that are put out at a date later than the original publication and sold through some sort of special franchise ought to be either reprints or variants. My opinion is reprint.

As much as i follow your logic, i would hate it because it would likely mean blank labels (I despise the blank reprint labels)

Just this old rag today...

015pb.jpg

(worship)

AWESOOOOOME!!!!!! Great find buddy. If you ever get tired of looking at it you're more than welcome to send it my way.

A beauty indeed. (worship)

Nothing will top that House of Secrets 92, though.

(worship)

Just this old rag today...

015pb.jpg

(worship)

AWESOOOOOME!!!!!! Great find buddy. If you ever get tired of looking at it you're more than welcome to send it my way.

A beauty indeed. (worship)

Nothing will top that House of Secrets 92, though.

(worship)

Naw! Actually getting tired of it.

(: Hahahahahahha!