• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,197 posts in this topic

ASMGoldenBook.jpg

G]

Never saw that book before. :popcorn: What is that?

Doesn't everybody have one? Naturally, mine's not as nice as Greggy's.

ASMGB.jpg

To answer the question, it's a 32 page book for younguns from 1977 with three stories and color illustrations by Alden McWilliams.

This book didn't sell in my sales thread so I'm keeping it

batmansuperman1captaincanuck_zpsb95a786f.jpg

Richard Comely is the greatest guy ever. He didn't want me to give him any money for this so I just kept throwing cash at him, literally. HE WOULDN'T TAKE THE MONEY SO I HAD TO THROW IT AT HIM!

Anyways, every time I see him he remembers me and talks on length about comics, kitchener and how cool I think he is!

unclescrooge13_zpsd5a8d611.jpg

Scrooges' # 13 and # 21 ....... $1.04 each on the bay :acclaim:

(thumbs u

Back in 1988 I was in the US for the first time and found one of those and a #12 in a $1 bin in a comic shop in Palo Alto. It was the first time I'd seen a Dell comic in the flesh, and two of my all time favourite Barks stories. Probably why I'm on these boards today.

unclescrooge13_zpsd5a8d611.jpg

Scrooges' # 13 and # 21 ....... $1.04 each on the bay :acclaim:

(thumbs u

Back in 1988 I was in the US for the first time and found one of those and a #12 in a $1 bin in a comic shop in Palo Alto. It was the first time I'd seen a Dell comic in the flesh, and two of my all time favourite Barks stories. Probably why I'm on these boards today.

:applause: Thats cool that you remember that.

The Terry Fermy story is one of his best IMO.