• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,070 posts in this topic

It is a tough one to find in any condition, let alone a half way decent condition. Was lucky to pick this one up.

Yeah!Do you remember the slayed copy I posted a few weeks ago?Congrats again.

5469b18c-1c8c-41a3-859d-cae818bde00f_zps9a41d515.jpg

Edited by porcupine48

Hello, first time posting here, but I figured I would share with you all my most recent purchases this week. Beyond stoked to have these gems, and I couldn't pass them up for such a KILLER deal. Pricey for my normal budget, but I had to have the two key issues for my second favorite hero ever, THE SILVER SURFER!

image.jpeg

Hello, first time posting here, but I figured I would share with you all my most recent purchases this week. Beyond stoked to have these gems, and I couldn't pass them up for such a KILLER deal. Pricey for my normal budget, but I had to have the two key issues for my second favorite hero ever, THE SILVER SURFER!

image.jpeg

Nice pair there! :headbang:

image.jpeg

Amazing books!! Congratulations! :applause:

Join the Club! :cool:

The FF #48 Intergalactic Beach Club

image.jpeg

congrats spideyfan78ct :applause:

image.jpeg

Thanks guys I appreciate the totally welcoming feel of this site :banana::angel:

image.jpeg

Thanks guys I appreciate the totally welcoming feel of this site :banana::angel:

In due time my son. In due time....

This book came in the mail today. It's tight, clean and sharp.... but the top edge cut goes right through the dots around the word DELL which seemed odd to me. I looked through all the scans of every DELL book I have on file and can't find one cut like this. I have no idea what the exact dimensions of a Turok #16 should be but this book is 10 1/8 tall by 7 3/16 to 7 1/4 wide and the artwork looks just the slightest bit "short" under Andars left foot.....or somethin. At least compared to my last copy of Turok #16. I'm no expert on trimming practices, but if someone is.... I'd appreciate an opinion.

Turok162ndset_0001_zps8ef3b47e.jpg

My previous Turok #16

turok16_0001_zpsfac5bc88.jpg

It is a tough one to find in any condition, let alone a half way decent condition. Was lucky to pick this one up.

Yeah!Do you remember the slayed copy I posted a few weeks ago?Congrats again.

5469b18c-1c8c-41a3-859d-cae818bde00f_zps9a41d515.jpg

No didn't remember seeing it! Congrats it is a killer book...and a bit under the radar still.

Today I went to pick up my new comics at the parcel service place, as I have to ship out the parcels (ebay auctions) to buyers. I got 4 parcels for me. One parcel set my heart frozen ,,, I dread to open and see how this comic survived the trip to me. Take a look how I got it.

Comicbookparcels2_zps348a2008.jpg

Feels like NO cardboard inside! :facepalm:

Comicbookparcels3_zpsee9ee914.jpg

On the other flip ... I can always depend on JS comics for their great packing and this is how I got the 2 parcels.

Comicbookparcels_zps7721229b.jpg

Now let`s see as I open them...

The seller got real lucky(!) - the yellow mailer didn`t fold or bend, so the comics had survived OK. I think the Dot comic may had gone one grade down due to a bend crease on one corner. I was hoping for a Fine condition but it`s gonna be a VG at best. Well, I did buy it for a "filler" copy in my collection while I look for a better copy. Well, the seller isn't a comic collector and I did told her to use cardboard boards. I'll call that one time - period, never again.

ComicBooks1_zps33ef4899.jpg

ComicBooks2_zps57eb17ea.jpg

Now, from JS comics - like I expect ... exactly as I want to see. a 80-page Giant #1 and Richie Rich #68. Both nice to add to my collection.

ComicBooks3_zpsdb9a8d1d.jpg

These just in today. Something about the price and number of pages of these things is very cool. They really are GIANTS :luhv:

Me too! :luhv: Love these Giants and I have a few Dell copies as well, I have Silly Symphoies #3 in high grade. Looking for a #1 and 2.

Have you ever seen one Giant issue "Picture Stories from the Bible"? Talk about GIANT comic - that one beat all gaints out! I have this one in collcection.

The seller got real lucky(!) - the yellow mailer didn`t fold or bend, so the comics had survived OK. I think the Dot comic may had gone one grade down due to a bend crease on one corner. I was hoping for a Fine condition but it`s gonna be a VG at best. Well, I did buy it for a "filler" copy in my collection while I look for a better copy. Well, the seller isn't a comic collector and I did told her to use cardboard boards. I'll call that one time - period, never again.

ComicBooks2_zps57eb17ea.jpg

Ahhhhh...... so you're the guy who outbid me :mad:lol

:applause: The Dot is still a first issue and you should be able to recoup.

Tell me about that MEAT comic. My daughter is a vegetarian and I was thinking it would make a funny christmas gift for her. If you don't like it for any reason.... drop me a note

image.jpeg

Everyone here is great.who is hero # 1?