• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,052 posts in this topic

Stuart Sayger finished this last week, and gave it to his buddy Gavin Smith to bring to NYCC. So, I picked it up today, and it's insane!

Q4nzjt.jpg

Check it out on CAF to see a detail and a pic of it with the artist: http://cafurl.com?i=21557

:whee:

It's part of a little series thing I've been having fun with. I got some Bernie Wrightson pencils, and I've been sending a scan around for various folks to ink. So far I've got four (Sayger, Geof Isherwood, Joe Rubinstein and Bill Sienkiewicz), and it's pretty cool to see how different they all are. You can see them all here, with the original pencils: http://cafurl.com?i=20802

A bit more than just this week shown here (more like 2 weeks), but decided to pick-up multiple sets of the Mike Migonla's semi-swan-song "Year of Monsters" covers. One variant cover each month for the year 2012, so a total of 12 covers in each set.

15305786308_1dfd9d34d2_c.jpg

Still missing a few issues to make 3 complete sets (36 covers) as seen here. I already have 2 other complete sets (not shown). My new thing seems to be to collect 5 of everything in the Mignolaverse.

Yeah. You could say I like Mike's covers. Now, I only need to slab a few.

-Terry

:taptaptap: wish you where bygone :mad:

Why, because I don't like Wizard magazine or feel that was one of the worst eras in comic books?

Or just in general? Which I would totally understand :)

You had no right to call Wizard magazine the worst in comic era !! no have no clue what this magazine did for us back in the 90's it was a gate way to comic culture & entertainment, that we couldn't find anywhere. I'm not going to rant about this all night, your lose on missing out that's the way I see it ;)

You had no right to call Wizard magazine the worst in comic era !! no have no clue what this magazine did for us back in the 90's it was a gate way to comic culture & entertainment, that we couldn't find anywhere. I'm not going to rant about this all night, your lose on missing out that's the way I see it ;)

???

SDCC Wizard variant #1 w/poster :headbang:

005_zps9e06f4c9.jpg

[font:Book Antiqua]Wow that bring memories from a bygone era...[/font]

Thankfully it's bygone.

Man that brings back some memories. Middle school time frame for me. Umm...I saw one on freeeee bay graded a 9.0. I messaged the seller. That's a cool cover!