• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade is in: PGM Archie's Madhouse 22

29 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, KobaltDog said:

I was thinking the same thing. Does anyone know how CGC treats price stickers like this one? 

I read that might be a green label but you can request a lower grade blue label ?‼️

I googled this - how do stickers affect a cgc comic grade

and there was many answers?

2 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

Lol lots of information like I said??‼️

The googled board info says it's destined for qualified label but then I read a thing about some books getting a pass so I called CGC and they said it would get a Universal label so to confuse things further I've asked for more clarification. 

IF THIS BOOK WAS MINE.....

I'd be selling it for an upgrade because I could never live with that sticker. If I was trying to sell it, I wouldn't touch it and sell it as is. If you're determined to 'go for it' a press won't do much here, but having the sticker removed would enhance it in MY opinion. 

Also....not really a book I would want slabbed, since all of the things that make it important and pricey are inside, I.E I want to thumb through it. 

2c

On 11/2/2018 at 11:15 AM, Patriot6 said:

IF THIS BOOK WAS MINE.....

I'd be selling it for an upgrade because I could never live with that sticker. If I was trying to sell it, I wouldn't touch it and sell it as is. If you're determined to 'go for it' a press won't do much here, but having the sticker removed would enhance it in MY opinion. 

Also....not really a book I would want slabbed, since all of the things that make it important and pricey are inside, I.E I want to thumb through it. 

2c

Thanks for the input. I've been leaning toward grading bc I'm in that mindset, but leaving it Raw is still an option. Do you know if removing the sticker would be part of the press process or do i need to find a guy? 

15 minutes ago, KobaltDog said:

Thanks for the input. I've been leaning toward grading bc I'm in that mindset, but leaving it Raw is still an option. Do you know if removing the sticker would be part of the press process or do i need to find a guy? 

It is not included. You could have it removed when you send it in for an additional fee. You could also "find a guy" as you say. The cost and what it entails to remove the sticker is something someone with more experience would have to comment on. 

26 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

It is not included. You could have it removed when you send it in for an additional fee. You could also "find a guy" as you say. The cost and what it entails to remove the sticker is something someone with more experience would have to comment on. 

Good to know. Thanks! I have about 20 books with these 15 cent stickers on them in my collection. There's a Metal Men that someone tried removing the sticker from (probably my dad as a kid), and it tape-pulled the color off the cover.