• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magazine Caravan - Added Recap on Page 4
2 2

86 posts in this topic

Details:  I’m jumping on the Magazine bandwagon, caravan, sale thread fad, hopefully to ride the coat-tails of others. :banana: 

Shipping: I try to get you postage as reasonable as possible while protecting the merchandise.  But, you still need to pay for it.  :rulez:  Postage is what it is, and it ain’t cheap.  I am totally up for whatever makes it cheap – first class boxed on one to two books, removing backboards, outer wells and inner wells.  I just can’t ship media mail.  My zip is 97630, so if you’re in the West Coast postal zone, stuff ships cheaper.   I also ship to frostbacks, ‘roids, jimmers ( :whatthe: ) and elsewhere in the world. 

Payment: Checks & M.O.s are accepted.  Paypal begrudgingly accepted.  2c

Minimum Merchadise Order:  $20 - More than kind of arrogant. :ohnoez:

Agreements: Time payments are usually fine.  No H.O.S., P.O.S. or H.O.C. members, nor any puppy-kickers, butt-lickers, poopy-pants, etc.  Secret hand-shakers OK on a case-by-case basis. :sumo: 

Grading: I have been in the hobby over 45 years.  :preach: If you see any glaring grading errors, please inform me via PM.  I try to be conservative, and have cracked about 350++ slabs.  However, I am not perfect..., in fact, my custom title explains it mostly. 

Return Policy: yep!

Doing it:  You can do it in the thread, you can do it via PM, you can do it in the road.  In the case of ties, it goes to the PM.  :takeit: 

What's There:

PAGE 1
Bizarre Adventures 29 $14 NM- or better.  Original newsstand purchase, white pages. Stephen King’s The Lawnmower Man. 
Bizarre Adventures 30 $14 NM- or better.  Original newsstand purchase, white pages. Paradox.
Comic Book Marketplace 15 9.2 white pages $20.  Original newsstand purchase by me.   :news:SOLD!!! :news: 
Comics Buyers Guide 1992 Annual 9.6 white-paged piece of history $20.  I am the original owner.  :news:SOLD!!! :news: 
Comics Journal 9.4 white pages $25.  Original newsstand purchase by me.  Some NCB wear from frantic skimming – no stains!  :news:SOLD!!! :news: 
Crazy 5 $12  Original newsstand purchase.  White pages.  I'll go a straight 8.0 on these for fingerprints, front and back.
Crazy 6 $4 - original newsstand purchase, white pages, about a 6.5 for dirt rubs and some light creases on the FC.
Crazy 14 $4 - original newsstand purchase, nice gloss, white pages and all that jazz, but has that unfortunate crease at the URFC.  Famous "Revenge in Peoria" back cover.  I'll go a 7.0 with some redeeming qualities.
Deadly Hands of Kung Fu 24 copy a 9.0/9.2 OW pages $30.  Light spine cracks at mid-spine.
Deadly Hands of Kung Fu 24 copy b 9.0 CROW pages $24.  Spine cracks mid-spine and top spine.
Deadly Hands of Kung Fu 27 6.0 slightly OW pages $6.  Crushing top edge, moisture puckering open edge.
Devilina 2 7.0/7.5 crow pages $18.  Some foxing  on covers, and some rubbing wear to FC,  Flesh Gordon review.  Nice appearing FC.  Low print issue. :news:SOLD!!! :news: 
Dracula Lives 1 6.0 $10.  1” spine split below middle staple, CROWing pages, NCB stuff.  Boris cover.
Dracula Lives Super Annual 1 9.2 OW pages $45.  Some minor finger dents – pretty dang nice copy.
FOOM!  4 copy a $10 5.0/5.5 due to chips on BC, 1/2" tear at top FC, and 14" tear at bottom FC. Gritty. Sub label on BC. 2/3 of the puzzles on page 13 are filled in pencil. Steranko Bullpen Bio.  :news:SOLD!! :news: 

PAGE 2
FOOM!  4 copy b $5 About 5.5/6.0 in appearance, but coupon clipped back cover.  Steranko Biography.  One back issue coupon completed inside, but no other coupons/puzzles filled in.
FOOM!  5  $15 6.5/7.0. Minute spine roll, clean, sub label on BC. Writing in pencil on the two "The Irving Awards 1973" pages. I would call this copy a keeper, if you collect fanzine material.
FOOM! 11 8.0 OW/W pages $22.  Kirby Returns tribute.  Bumps @ upper corners.  Clean, no writing or coupons clipped. :news:  SOLD!!!  :news: 
FOOM! 13 7.0 white pages, $12.  Pencil mark front cover, small stain on back cover.  My buddy from high school, Joe’s copy.   Dint @ URFC/ULBC.  No interior writing or coupons clipped.
Heritage Catalog Feb 24-25, 2011 a 9.0 white pages $10.
Heritage Catalog Feb 24-25, 2011 b 9.2 white pages $10.
Heritage Catalog May 5-6, 2011 Twin Cities 9.2 white pages $10.  Small dint @ URFC.
Heritage Catalog May 5-6, 2011 9.0 white pages $10.  Dint at URFC/ULBC.
Marvel Comics Super Special 11/12/13 set.   $35  11/12 9.4/9.6, 13 9.2. White pages, original newsstand purchases, that absolutely no one wants.  Weirdworld / Warriors of the Shadow Realm – awesome art.
Marvel Movie Premiere 1 $6  7.0, Land That Time Forgot, original newsstand purchase, white pages. Grade due to spine cracks – very nice copy.
Marvel Preview 24 $16 9.4/9.6 white pages.
Monsters Unleashed 5 9.2 OW pages $44.  Man-Thing – really nice 9.2 –dint at LRFC, slight stacking dent at BC spine.
Monsters Unleashed 7 9.0 OW/W pages $22.
Monsters Unleashed 11 7.5/8.0 white pages $12.  Crease @ URFC, dint @ LRFC, crease @ right edge FC.  Bought as a 9.2 on CGC Boards. :news:  SOLD!!!  :news: 
National Lampoon Feb 1976 7.0/7.5 OW/W pages $5:news:SOLD!!! :news: 
National Lampoon Sep 1985 8.5 white pages $5.  Subscription Label.  :news:  SOLD!!!  :news: 

PAGE 3
National Lampoon Apr 1991 8.5 white pages $5.  Tear @ lower staple area, dint @ URFC :news:  SOLD!  :news: 
Planet of the Apes 9 7.0 crow pages $7. Glue rumpling along spine on FC, thumbnail creases FC bottom and right edge.
Planet of the Apes 10 7.5 crow pages $10.  Looks 8.5 from FC, but scrapes at LLBC.
Planet of the Apes 18 copy a 8.0 OW pages $14.  Small tear @ LLFC, puckering along tope edge FC, small partial crease @ LRFC.
Planet of the Apes 18 copy b 9.0 OW pages $22.  Dint @ URFC that barely travels through to back.  Little bit of stacking indent along spine.
Planet of the Apes 19 8.0+ crow pages $15.  Dints @ URFC/LLFC/LRFC, foxing top edge BC, tiny thumbnail at Ape’s right thumb.
Planet of the Apes 23 8.5 OW/W pages $18.  Crease @ URFC and a few finger dents BC.  Very clean w/ straight spine.
Planet of the Apes 27 4.0 (?) crow pages $5.  Small piece of tape at LRFC and almost every LR interior page holding corner chips or siamese folds in place – really bizarre.  Book would be about 6.0 without this monkey business.
Plastic Figure & Play Set Collector 25 9.2 white pages $25.  Original newsstand purchase by me.
Smilin’ Ed Comics Set 1 & 2 $10  – Fred Hembeck – 1 9.0 and 2 9.2, clean and white.  Something Mike Richardson convinced me to buy when he was my local neighborhood comic dealer.
Strip 20 $8  9.0, white pages, corner bump at LLBC, and bend at top of spine from being to #%@$ big to fit into any standard storage arrangement, although the book does lay flat.  Marvel Comics. Apparently a Walt Simonson cover. There is all that rubbing scut at the corners of the front cover, but it appears to be purposeful as part of the art as far as I can tell – call it a VF or VF+ if you want.
Tales of the Zombie 2 copy a 7.0 OW pages $20.  Nips @ upper center FC, URFC/LRFC, spine tips.  2nd appearance of Brother Voodoo.
Tales of the Zombie 2 copy b 9.0 slightly ow pages $42.  2nd appearance of Brother Voodoo. Bounty Coder 9.0 which I agree with. Light dint @ LRFC, “#2” impression on FC where someone marked the issue # on the bag at one time, and the pressure transferred to the book. Pretty nice copy of a hard to find in HG magazine.
Tomb of Dracula 6 7.5/8.0 slightly OW pages $6.  Mid-spine cracks, dint w/ light crease URFC, light residue/indents @ URFC/ULFC.
Unknown Worlds of Science Fiction 4 9.0 OW pages, $20.  Nice, clean and white covers.  Just a beautiful Brunner cover!   Very minor dint @ URFC/ULBC, dint @ LRFC/LLBC.

PAGE 4
Unknown Worlds of Science Fiction 6 9.0 OW pages, $22.  Beautiful crucifixion cover!!  Rubbing on front and back covers. :news:SOLD!!! :news: 
Xena Magazine 1 9.6 white pages $40.  One production dint near bottom spine BC. Original newsstand purchase by me.

Edited by lizards2
'cause

Comic Book Marketplace 15 9.2 white pages $20.  Original newsstand purchase by me. :news:SOLD!!! :news: 

th_CBM15.jpg th_CBM15bc.jpg

Edited by lizards2
Soldeded!

Comics Buyers Guide 1992 Annual 9.6 white-paged piece of history $20.  I am the original owner. It came in the mail. :news:SOLD!!! :news: 

th_cbg1992.jpg  th_cbg1992bc.jpg

Edited by lizards2
Soldeded!

Comics Journal 9.4 white pages $25.  Original newsstand purchase by me.  Some NCB wear from frantic skimming – no stains!  Drool or otherwise.... :news: SOLD!!! :news: 

th_TCJsex.jpg th_TCJsexbc.jpg

Edited by lizards2
Bob

Crazy 5 $12  Original newsstand purchase.  White pages.  I'll go a straight 8.0 on these for fingerprints, front and back.
crazy5.jpg
crazy5bc.jpg

Crazy 6 $4 - original newsstand purchase, white pages, about a 6.5 for dirt rubs and some light creases on the FC.
crazy6.jpg
crazy6bc.jpg

Crazy 14 $4 - original newsstand purchase, nice gloss, white pages and all that jazz, but has that unfortunate crease at the URFC.  Famous "Revenge in Peoria" back cover.  I'll go a 7.0 with some redeeming qualities.
crazy14.jpgcrazy14bc.jpg

Deadly Hands of Kung Fu 24 copy a 9.0/9.2 OW pages $30.  Light spine cracks at mid-spine.

DHKF24a.jpg
DHKF24abc.jpg

Deadly Hands of Kung Fu 24 copy b 9.0 CROW pages $24.  Spine cracks mid-spine and top spine.
DHKF24b.jpg
DHKF24bbc.jpg

Deadly Hands of Kung Fu 27 6.0 slightly OW pages $6.  Crushing top edge, moisture puckering open edge.
DHKF27.jpg
DHKF27bc.jpg

Devilina 2 7.0/7.5 crow pages $18.  Some foxing  on covers, and some rubbing wear to FC,  Flesh Gordon review.  Nice appearing FC.  Low print issue.   :news:SOLDEDED!!! :news: 

th_devilina2.jpg th_devilina2bc.jpg

Edited by lizards2
Maiden

7 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Comics Journal 9.4 white pages $25.  Original newsstand purchase by me.  Some NCB wear from frantic skimming – no stains!  Drool or otherwise....
TCJsex.jpg

I'll take it.

FOOM!  4 copy a $10 5.0/5.5 due to chips on BC, 1/2" tear at top FC, and 14" tear at bottom FC. Gritty. Sub label on BC. 2/3 of the puzzles on page 13 are filled in pencil. Steranko Bullpen Bio:news:SOLD!!! :news: 

th_foom4.jpg th_foom4bc.jpg

Edited by lizards2