• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magazine Caravan - Added Recap on Page 4
2 2

86 posts in this topic

National Lampoon Apr 1991 8.5 white pages $5.  Tear @ lower staple area, dint @ URFC.  Cover inspiration for Zoolander? hm  :news:SOLD!!! :news: 

th_NLAPR91.jpg th_NLAPR91bc.jpg

Edited by lizards2
greggy

Between the Bigfoot hoopla during my childhood, and watching the original Planet of the Apes movies, I had recurring nightmares for years.  They were always laying siege to our house in the woods.  Damn, dirty apes.  Luckily, my mom was The Lizard of Spider-man fame, and could protect us all.

Planet of the Apes 9 7.0 crow pages $7. Glue rumpling along spine on FC, thumbnail creases FC bottom and right edge.
POA8.jpg
POA8bc.jpg

Planet of the Apes 10 7.5 crow pages $10.  Looks 8.5 from FC, but scrapes at LLBC.
POA10.jpg
POA10bc.jpg

Planet of the Apes 18 copy a 8.0 OW pages $14.  Small tear @ LLFC, puckering along tope edge FC, small partial crease @ LRFC.
POA18.jpg
POA18bc.jpg

Planet of the Apes 18 copy b 9.0 OW pages $22.  Dint @ URFC that barely travels through to back.  Little bit of stacking indent along spine.
POA18_1.jpg
POA18bc_1.jpg

Planet of the Apes 19 8.0+ crow pages $15.  Dints @ URFC/LLFC/LRFC, foxing top edge BC, tiny thumbnail at Ape’s right thumb.
POA19.jpg
POA19bc.jpg

Planet of the Apes 23 8.5 OW/W pages $18.  Crease @ URFC and a few finger dents BC.  Very clean w/ straight spine.
POA23.jpg
POA23bc.jpg

I've recently rediscovered Blue Oyster Cult, although they were with me all along.  Buying t-shirts on eBay, and listening to my old cassettes of On Your Feet Or On your Knees, over and over again. One of the best live albums ever.  But the youtube vids visuals are pretty sucky to non-existent on the quality recordings.

I can't even get through Planet of the Apes without chasing squirrels - here is the final sale issue of POTA I have.

Planet of the Apes 27 4.0 (?) crow pages $5.  Small piece of tape at LRFC and almost every LR interior page holding corner chips or siamese folds in place – really bizarre.  Book would be about 6.0 without this monkey business.
POA27.jpg
POA27bc.jpg

I tell you, if I had the money and space, I would be collecting Marx sets from 1960's  - awesome memories here.  I had some reissues and stuff, but the nephews pretty much broke everything and chewed pieces off the rest.

Plastic Figure & Play Set Collector 25 9.2 white pages $25.  Original newsstand purchase by me.
PFaPS25.jpg
PFaPS25bc.jpg

Smilin’ Ed Comics Set 1 & 2 $10  – Fred Hembeck – 1 9.0 and 2 9.2, clean and white.  Something Mike Richardson convinced me to buy when he was my local neighborhood comic dealer, before he became a publishing mogul.
smilined1.jpgsmilined1bc.jpg
smilined2.jpgsmilined2bc.jpg

Strip 20 $8  9.0, white pages, corner bump at LLBC, and bend at top of spine from being to #%@$ big to fit into any standard storage arrangement, although the book does lay flat.  Marvel Comics. Apparently a Walt Simonson cover. There is all that rubbing scut at the corners of the front cover, but it appears to be purposeful as part of the art as far as I can tell – call it a VF or VF+ if you want.
strip20.jpg
strip20bc.jpg

Tales of the Zombie 2 copy a 7.0 OW pages $20.  Nips @ upper center FC, URFC/LRFC, spine tips.  2nd appearance of Brother Voodoo.
toz2.jpg
toz2bc.jpg

Tales of the Zombie 2 copy b 9.0 slightly ow pages $42.  2nd appearance of Brother Voodoo. Bounty Coder 9.0 which I agree with. Light dint @ LRFC, “#2” impression on FC where someone marked the issue # on the bag at one time, and the pressure transferred to the book. Pretty nice copy of a hard to find in HG magazine.
toz2.jpg
toz2bc.jpg

Tomb of Dracula 6 7.5/8.0 slightly OW pages $6.  Mid-spine cracks, dint w/ light crease URFC, light residue/indents @ URFC/ULFC.
TODrac6.jpg
TODrac6bc.jpg

Unknown Worlds of Science Fiction 4 9.0 OW pages, $20.  Nice, clean and white covers.  Just a beautiful Brunner cover!   Very minor dint @ URFC/ULBC, dint @ LRFC/LLBC.
USF4.jpg
USF4bc.jpg