• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unsolicited PM's about books for sale
1 1

96 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

They charge a percentage of the book value for books over 3k.. but I dont need to tell you this...  Would you have done it?

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_630.jpg.9295b5e9818ff60815e2c5bb728fe315.jpg

Nope.  I would have sent it to Joey.  He would do a great job and charge me 1% instead of 2 1/2%.  When he was done, he would hand? deliver it to CGC for grading, at no extra delivery charge.  

8 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Nope.  I would have sent it to Joey.  He would do a great job and charge me 1% instead of 2 1/2%.  When he was done, he would hand? deliver it to CGC for grading, at no extra delivery charge.  

I would put it in a Mylar, and enjoy.  Easy!

4 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I would put it in a Mylar, and enjoy.  Easy!

He wants to sell it!! :makepoint:

3 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

He can still sell it! With no money invested in it too.

He wants top dollar!  :makepoint:

Lets just say its a 5000 buck book.  Who is going to spend that kind of money online without inspecting it in person and no slab.  No return policy of course..  Im just trying this out.  I think this is the most expensive and hottest book I have because people going gaga over the movie.  I can tell you one thing, when and if it sells the buyer will be paying a premium for the slab.  Do I need to send out all my books for slabbing? No Maybe just ten books that are worth over 1k.  I do appreciate the feedback though...

5 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

Lets just say its a 5000 buck book.  Who is going to spend that kind of money online without inspecting it in person and no slab.  No return policy of course..  Im just trying this out.  I think this is the most expensive and hottest book I have because people going gaga over the movie.  I can tell you one thing, when and if it sells the buyer will be paying a premium for the slab.  Do I need to send out all my books for slabbing? No Maybe just ten books that are worth over 1k.  I do appreciate the feedback though...

Plus there are horror stories of people buying high dollar book on ebay, initiating a return, and sending back a newspaper.  Ebay will just see a return and side with buyer and you are SOL.  The lower dollar books I would not be afraid of that happening.

5 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

They charge a percentage of the book value for books over 3k.. but I dont need to tell you this...  Would you have done it?

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_630.jpg.9295b5e9818ff60815e2c5bb728fe315.jpg

Maybe, but with the damage to the upper right and upper left, and what looks like roughness of the upper edge near the glare, I doubt it will come back a 9.0.   But surprise me.

It does appear to be a nice book.

9 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Maybe, but with the damage to the upper right and upper left, and what looks like roughness of the upper edge near the glare, I doubt it will come back a 9.0.   But surprise me.

It does appear to be a nice book.

Yeah I see at the  most a 7.0.

11 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Yeah I see at the  most a 7.0.

Oakey!  Can you figure out what the heck is going on this thread?  I am totally confused.

10 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

These are the non FF I have...  The Spider man books are quite nice...  Star Wars and Howard went out with the Panther for pressing and slabbing too...

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5f0.thumb.jpg.24661754775097cdef316a375697e37a.jpg

I bought the EC to mount on the wall but never got around to it.  Im sure those two funky X Men were the last my brother ever purschased...

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e9.jpg.cb2d2d054d728c434cd668c6c88ee732.jpg

This was a Christmas present to my brother now its back with me again.

:takeit:Haunt of fear and tales from the crypt 31

8 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

A few more to add to the 6.5 - 7.0 stack...

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6ef.jpg.b3e51dbb76a1916b321b02f9bd877ccc.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6f0.jpg.995fddaea72b7b9f10223bb63081799a.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6f1.jpg.4acc178ee0c52bc760a18eb5a90f0e43.jpg

They do seem to be in very nice shape, but why are you showing us?  Do you want to sell, or What? Like Lizzy I have really no idea what the hell you ae getting at. How did you acquire your brothes books? Did he pass away? 

5 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

Yes.  I told you guys he was my identical twin brother and died from a stroke at 48... and no he wasn't fat ! 170 lbs...

Sorry I missed that, my apologies.So lets get on with it then. How much do you want for the whole lot? Or maybe set yourself up with a Paypal account and start a sales thread.

Depending on how my first 3 books come back I will send a few more in until I have enough to sell a bunch and start a sales thread.  You have seen the books I have, its only about 125 and the 50 John Byrne FF are apparently next to worthless even though i loved the art back in the day, at least the earlier ones...  This thread is all over the place you are correct.  Time to close it.