• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unsolicited PM's about books for sale
1 1

96 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

My brother was an anti pack rat and wanted desperately to dump the books .  He tried like 4 times bringing to stores throughout the years and it was always the same penny on the dollar answer.  That 500 buck attempt was the last one in Pasadena about ten years ago.  He got frustrated and gave up.  I got rid of all mine a long time ago like X Men 5 to 150 plus some other cherries.  I gave him a few of my last books to add to his.  Anything that didn't fit in a half box went into the garbage or was given away... like FF 101 to like 231 all dumped.  Only the under 100 and John Byrne books got saved.  Im glad he saved them.

Trust me FF 13-100 are worth plenty now depending on condition.  First inhumans, black panther, surfer in NM are worth thousands.  In decent cond still worth a lot like wise the Krby issues.  Much more than 10 years ago.

Definitely some money there.  If you get a paypal account those will sell like hotcakes on ebay.  That 52 is a $500-$1200 book depending on condition.  Maybe more.

Ff 52 and Howard the Duck 1 and Star Wars 1 i send in for pressing and grading.  Not cheap.  It would probably cost 30000 to do them all haha.  The panther was 500 bucks not including ridiculous postal insurance sending it in...  Yes most of the books are 9.0 or better but thats just my opinion...

4 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

Ff 52 and Howard the Duck 1 and Star Wars 1 i send in for pressing and grading.  Not cheap.  It would probably cost 30000 to do them all haha.  The panther was 500 bucks not including ridiculous postal insurance sending it in...  Yes most of the books are 9.0 or better but thats just my opinion...

wait it cost you $500 to slab the 52??

1 hour ago, Karl Liebl said:

like 250 to press and 250 to grade...

:frown:

26 minutes ago, Bird said:

slow down and take some deep breaths. contact one of those boardie dealers mentioned above. it doesn't cost that much to press/grade and they can give you good service

Yeah for sure. If you're getting charged that much for one book you're talking to the wrong presser. There are plenty that are very reasonable and the pressing/grading is very much worth the cost.

3 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

like 250 to press and 250 to grade...

I don't understand if you are steeped in all these high-end-collector knowledge and practices why you don't just scan them and put them up for sale here?

Trying to wrap my head around this, but all I smell is fish.

13 hours ago, Beige said:

As you are  'curious'....

I had a wanted ad for a particular book. He claimed to have one - and many,many more.

That's probably why.

Let me be clear - I only started this thread because Arch asked me to.

And as you can see above - others have had the same experience, but with a happy ending.

I was asked to put this out here, so I have.  

(thumbsu

3 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

I followed the CGC pricing guidelines here based on my estimates of fair market value.  Im not really worried about it so no one else needs to.  After all, I got all the books for free...

You can send me an unsolicited P.M. about that FF 13 ….. I would love that one. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

9 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

My brother was an anti pack rat and wanted desperately to dump the books .  He tried like 4 times bringing to stores throughout the years and it was always the same penny on the dollar answer.  That 500 buck attempt was the last one in Pasadena about ten years ago.  He got frustrated and gave up.  I got rid of all mine a long time ago like X Men 5 to 150 plus some other cherries.  I gave him a few of my last books to add to his.  Anything that didn't fit in a half box went into the garbage or was given away... like FF 101 to like 231 all dumped.  Only the under 100 and John Byrne books got saved.  Im glad he saved them.

Pasadena, California? Curious what shop so as to avoid. 

These are the non FF I have...  The Spider man books are quite nice...  Star Wars and Howard went out with the Panther for pressing and slabbing too...

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5f0.thumb.jpg.24661754775097cdef316a375697e37a.jpg

I bought the EC to mount on the wall but never got around to it.  Im sure those two funky X Men were the last my brother ever purschased...

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e9.jpg.cb2d2d054d728c434cd668c6c88ee732.jpg

This was a Christmas present to my brother now its back with me again.