• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's Friday!!! Questions and answers about LCS's for this time of year!

13 posts in this topic

Obviously I'm a bit new, and I have only been back into comics since around 2014. Joined the boards in 2016!

Does the market sway around this time of year? Given eBay, LCS, or other venues?

I noticed a dip in prices last year around this time on eBay that lasted until around February.

and what about the market for stories and first appearances? Anyone think that times of the year affect story lines? A LCS near me has this going on and is trying to still sell they're "Return of Wolverine's #1"....... how do you think Wolvie being back could affect his popularity? If he get's to be "everywhere" again then maybe people will get tired of him?

Seems at least with him Dead, People would speculate ha. Anyone interested in any of the new power's that Wolverine has gained?

Image may contain: 1 personPOP'S POP'S GET'EM WHILE THEY LAST!!!

I think the stock market tumult may matter more than time of year. But actually I always felt like sales picked up in the fall, slow during Summer. Also, for people with better paying jobs you stop paying 6% to social security after $128k, so it is like a 6% raise whenever you hit that point, so that may boost discretionary spending. While toward Christmas I guess money may get redirected, but then again, there are year-end bonuses for some.

Edited by the blob

3 minutes ago, the blob said:

I think the stock market tumult may matter more than time of year. But actually I always felt like sales picked up in the fall, slow during Summer. Toward Christmas I guess money may get redirected, but then again, there are year-end bonuses for some.

That's a good point and tax returns in spring :foryou:

I thought that maybe seasonal LCS "sales" might have something to do with it too, as I posted above for Halloween...

And some books sell well seasonal, we just had our fair in Dallas, so the X-Men go to the Texas fair with big tex on the cover was at the LCS above. He had about 20 NM copies priced at $15. He still had about 10 left when I went today...

I went to my lcs for the first time and the guys were jerks. One danced like morty. I'm trying another cs that's across the way on Wed. And, I didn't know wolverine died (didn't even know he was sick) but not intersted tbh. I am buying Batman/maxx and whatever xmen book Liefeld did the cover for. 

1 minute ago, KobaltDog said:

I went to my lcs for the first time and the guys were jerks. One danced like morty. I'm trying another cs that's across the way on Wed. And, I didn't know wolverine died (didn't even know he was sick) but not intersted tbh. I am buying Batman/maxx and whatever xmen book Liefeld did the cover for. 

Guess I should have put a spoiler on that lol but in all fairness, the books in which he "dies" is called "death of wolverine 1-4.... so if you want to give it a read? I suppose that it is cannon...

LCS owner's can be peculiar

9 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Guess I should have put a spoiler on that lol but in all fairness, the books in which he "dies" is called "death of wolverine 1-4.... so if you want to give it a read? I suppose that it is cannon...

LCS owner's can be peculiar

Ok, fine, I'll read it. I bet I know how he dies.