• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis Grading Codes???

23 posts in this topic

Metropolis used a 41 point grading system until around late 1999. As somebody else has listed, a 31 is a VF

30 = VF/VF-

29 =VF-

28 =F/VF

27 = F++ etc

working upwards

32 = VF/VF+

33 = VF+

34 = VF++

35 = VF/NM

36 = VF/NM+

37 = NM-

38 = NM

39/40/41 are NM+ to M

Great information. Now I should go back and take a look at some of the books I picked up from Metro a long time ago.

I believe most of mine's ranged from 35 to 37 on their grading scale. The highest I ever managed to get was a 41 on their copy of Seven Seas #1 and the lowest by far was a 28 on their More Fun #67.

Just checked the OS Guide on both these books. It looks like the Seven Seas had a pretty nice increase over the last 10 years while the More Fun has only moved up slightly in price based upon grade.

I guess this proves that you have to go high grade if you are planning to cover the investment angle also.

Very smart of Steve to invent his own code so he can basically set the tone of the debate. Me and my cousin used to have our own language so that we could communicate with out anybody knowing what we were saying.

tevesay ischergay siay nay ssholeay nday ya rookcay