• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's hard to find VF and above?

62 posts in this topic

Just curious what you've found difficult to find in VF and above.

Coverless books.

That was good. Yep. No doubt about it!

Why I oughta,......!!! sumo.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

Jimmy Olsen #1

Lois Lane #1

Definitely. Dare I say Brave And The Bold 1 - 28? I hardly ever see these books in true VF or better....

I would agree, although I`d make it 1-30. 29 and 30 are actually harder to find in VF than 28. I would definitely agree with Showcase 8, 13 and 14 (the Flash appearances) and would add the Showcase Aquaman appearances (30-33), which everyone always overlooks when they talk about the SA DC "re-emergence" issues. 31-33 never come up at all, let alone in VF or above.

Come to think of it so are the first five issues of Green Lantern (Silver Age).

GL 1 is actually relatively easy to find in 8.5 and above. GL 2 is less common, but inexplicably there are 2 9.4 copies. I agree that 3, 4 and 5 are tough.

GL 1 is actually relatively easy to find in 8.5 and above. GL 2 is less common, but inexplicably there are 2 9.4 copies. I agree that 3, 4 and 5 are tough.

Yep, I'd say most of the DC's before 1961-62 could go on this list. Those early Green Lantern's would be so sweet to find in VF! cloud9.gif

Yep, I'd say most of the DC's before 1961-62 could go on this list. Those early Green Lantern's would be so sweet to find in VF! cloud9.gif

as someone who owns them all, i must agree, as all my GL's in single digits are midgrade at best.

10 cent SA DC's in VF and above are pretty hard to come by. I only have 1 in my collection of 100 books for sale (Showcase #35 - Atom).

that's what makes Adam Strange's collection of 10 centers so impressive. i think he's got a bunch of 8.0's in there................ cloud9.gif

that's what makes Adam Strange's collection of 10 centers so impressive. i think he's got a bunch of 8.0's in there................ cloud9.gif

I think there's probably a bunch that are better than 8.0s. gossip.gif

I think there's probably a bunch that are better than 8.0s. gossip.gif

He's bringing a few to the SD Con, so I'll be able to test/verify your theory! yay.gif

I have noticed that I cant seem to find Avengers 4 in very high grades. That bottom left corner is all black and gets scuffed up very easliy. Maybe i am just not looking hard enough because the census says there are plenty:

Mint 10.0______________0

Mint 9.9_______________0

Near Mint/Mint 9.8________0

Near Mint + 9.6 ________5

Near Mint 9.4_________12

Near Mint - 9.2_________21

Very Fine/Near Mint 9.0____29

Very Fine + 8.5_________16

Very Fine 8.0__________39

Anyone else notice this?

Elvis

I agree with you. The census on this comic I have never found particularly useful. The biggest issue in locating a sweet copy of this book was to find one with a bright snow white cover. At least half of all copies of this book have discoloration on the edges. I'd rather have a snow white 8.0 of this comic than a 9.4 with tan edges.

Joe

I'm really shocked at these numbers. I have always felt that TTA's were plentiful from 70 and up but I guess I was mistaken.

TTA#77

Grade Universal Qualified Signature Series Restored

See Detail Total

Mint 10.0 0 0 0 0 0

Mint 9.9 0 0 0 0 0

Near Mint/Mint 9.8 1 0 0 0 1

Near Mint + 9.6 1 0 0 0 1

Near Mint 9.4 0 0 0 1 1

Near Mint - 9.2 2 0 0 0 2

Very Fine/Near Mint 9.0 5 0 0 0 5

Very Fine + 8.5 3 0 0 1 4

Very Fine 8.0 2 0 0 0 2

Only 4 books in 9.2 and above 893whatthe.gif and I guess Doug, Steve and me have 3 of the 4 copies. I'm in very good company. grin.gif