• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cheapest place to buy bag and boards?
1 1

45 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, 1Cool said:

You can beat $14 on E-Bay.  Here is a deal for 500 Silver-Age bags and boards for $11 per hundred:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/500-Silver-Comic-Bags-and-Boards-NEW-Max-Industry-Standard-Archival/131994433417?epid=1369063371&hash=item1ebb7b3789:g:CCoAAOSwySVaAfP2:rk:3:pf:0

Combo it with a 10/15% coupon and you are paying less then $10 per hundred (which is what i pay in bulk)

That works. How are they?

eBay.  The more you buy at a given time, the less it is.  For example 100 bags/boards are going for ~$16.  200 going for $26 ($13 per 100).  500 going for $60 ($12 per 100).  And so on and so forth.

I've found mylites and fullbacks to be equally affordable on eBay.

Also, most of these eBay shops selling bags/boards have free shipping

20 minutes ago, the blob said:

I bought the Max Protection brand bags/boards once.  You get what you pay for...and I don't say that in a good way.  The bags are thin.  The boards are flimsy.  On one occasion, the backing board actually took some ink off of the book.  (It was a black cover Marvel book which some say used cheap paper material, but still).  I was quite happy to finally use up the last of the bags/boards just so I could be rid of them.  I would avoid this brand at all costs.  If you're intent on polypropylene bags, better to spend the extra $2 and buy BCW.

49 minutes ago, the blob said:

Whoops - i didn't notice those were a off brand.  I ordered 1000 of these BCW for about $10 with a discount and I think they accepted a small discount with two batches. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/500-BCW-CURRENT-MODERN-THICK-COMIC-BAGS-AND-BOARDS/263338959314?epid=10010172608&hash=item3d5039a1d2:g:YOMAAOSwK-ZbNjI9:rk:6:pf:0

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Whoops - i didn't notice those were a off brand.  I ordered 1000 of these BCW for about $10 with a discount and I think they accepted a small discount with two batches. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/500-BCW-CURRENT-MODERN-THICK-COMIC-BAGS-AND-BOARDS/263338959314?epid=10010172608&hash=item3d5039a1d2:g:YOMAAOSwK-ZbNjI9:rk:6:pf:0

I think I usually get bcw. Seem fine.

21 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Just because I have 2 LCS one uses Mylar the other polybag...

I can't really tell which is better. Mylar tends to hide imperfections...

Ah I see, thanks 

I’m a recent convert as well. Been slowly converting to Mylites and their backers. I was influenced by Greggy. Seriously. I won his Holiday Raffle and all the DC 100 Pagers were in the Mylites. Got me looking at some older poly bags and saw how mine were rippling and yellowing. Not cheap to do but I’m down to the $15 or more valued books. Probably never get to the moderns or sub-$5 books. 

2 hours ago, Shadow said:

I’m a recent convert as well. Been slowly converting to Mylites and their backers. I was influenced by Greggy. Seriously. I won his Holiday Raffle and all the DC 100 Pagers were in the Mylites. Got me looking at some older poly bags and saw how mine were rippling and yellowing. Not cheap to do but I’m down to the $15 or more valued books. Probably never get to the moderns or sub-$5 books. 

I will also convert to Mylites i I ever win Greggy's Holiday raffle ...

10 hours ago, Wolverinex said:
12 hours ago, Shadow said:

I will also convert to Mylites i I ever win Greggy's Holiday raffle ...

Mylites are the devil - don't go there.  M2s or cheap PE bags.  Never Mylites.  I immediately trash those - frickin' trash product.

Edited by lizards2
askhaban

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:
8 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Mylites are the devil - don't go there.  M2s or cheap PE bags.  Never Mylites.  I immediately trash those - frickin' trash product.

why?

they are too, too thin an unwieldy.  The flaps don't tuck in well, and if you tape/flag them down, the corners are all over the place.  Never ship in them, because they usually split and burst, and the books fly all over.

I never save these when I receive books in them that have survived shipping - they go straight to the trash.

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:
2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:
9 hours ago, lizards2 said:

why?

they are too, too thin an unwieldy.  The flaps don't tuck in well, and if you tape/flag them down, the corners are all over the place.  Never ship in them, because they usually split and burst, and the books fly all over.

I never save these when I receive books in them that have survived shipping - they go straight to the trash.

Liz, I love ya but that's not the best explanation. M2 stands for Mylites2, which is a 2 mil thickness Mylar and what 99.9% of folks refer to when they say "Mylites" or "Mylar."

The Mylites you are referring to are officially called "Mylites+" and are a flimsy, useless 1.42 mil thick.

IIRC, before "Mylites+" came to be, they were simply “Mylites” and were even more useless at a skimpy 1 mil thickness.

Link for noobs:

http://www.egerber.com/

14 minutes ago, Pontoon said:
3 hours ago, Wolverinex said:
10 hours ago, lizards2 said:

why?

Liz, I love ya but that's not the best explanation. M2 stands for Mylites2, which is a 2 mil thickness Mylar and what 99.9% of folks refer to when they say "Mylites" or "Mylar."

The Mylites you are referring to are officially called "Mylites+" and are a flimsy, useless 1.42 mil thick.

IIRC, before "Mylites+" came to be, they were simply “Mylites” and were even more useless at a skimpy 1 mil thickness.

Link for noobs:

http://www.egerber.com/

You are correct.  When they first came out, they were just plain old Mylites, and those are the ones that are gawdawful.

I love M2's, and use them with a Fullback to house all my good stuff.

You are correct.  When they first came out, they were just plain old Mylites, and those are the ones that are gawdawful.

I love M2's, and use them with a Fullback to house all my good stuff.

Suck it, Liz

2 hours ago, greggy said:
2 hours ago, lizards2 said:

You're ready for more, eh?  :cool: 

Do I get a volume discount?

Didn't you keep your punchcard?