• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rich's 4th annual BLACK FRIDAY AND---AND---the 2019 TAX MAN sales thread! (yes, it came early this year)
11 11

1,170 posts in this topic

Now some indy stuff.

I never really know where to go with this one----I know it's a relatively popular indy key, and HG copies are EXTREMELY HTF.   There are only 3 existing blue universal copies in 9.8, and yes, 22 cps in 9.6 (blue. )   Signature series, the highest is 9.6 and then 4 cps in 9.4 (with the last sale 3 years ago) and then some under copies at 9.2 and below.

I looked around to try to get a gauge where this book currently is.  There are a few cps on eBay right now in the $450 mark, and raw cps were sold between $49 and $125 depending on the condition.  Personally, I think my asking price here is on point, but again, it's not everyone's cup of tea.  It's scarce, it's Allred early work, but again, it's a very specific audience. 

CREATURES OF THE ID #1 CGC 9.4 s/s Mike Allred - $375  (still $75 less than current list prices online)

1st appearance Frank Einstein (Madman).

id1.jpg

This one is interesting.  Only six cps ever graded----only two of which were ever s/s, both I did---albeit I don't remember any more who I sold the 9.8 to----but I did this 9.4 a few years back.

GIRL CRAZY #1 CGC 9.4 s/s Jamie & Gilbert Hernandez - $155  SOLD! to Revol

Dave Stevens cover.  Just an overall super tough book to find.

girlcrazy1 (1).jpg

Edited by Rich_Henn

Mister X #1 CGC 9.4 CGC 9.4 s/s w/sketch Jamie Hernandez & Gilbert Hernandez - $175 SOLD! to Ron C.

another tough indy book---only 11 cps in the census, three of which are s/s with only one higher 9.6 

misterx1.jpg

Edited by Rich_Henn

Another one I've never really been 100% certain how to gauge.  Census shows only 2 cps in 9.8 at all----both are signature series.  And they're the only s/s copies as well.  Then there are two in 9.6 blue universal and another in 9.4.  Total of just 7 cps ever graded.

JOURNEY #1 CGC 9.8 s/s William Messner-Lobes - $225  SOLD! to MedicAR

journey1.jpg

Edited by Rich_Henn

Cerebus #7 CGC 9.6 s/s cover artist Frank Thorne - $355

to date, there has still only been the couple private s/s that I did with Frank years ago.   I'd love to see this iconic artist at a convention, but I think we're at a point in time where age is more the issue than anything else.  

cerebus7.jpg

Axel Pressbutton #4 CGC 9.6 s/s Mick Austin - $85

Not for everyone----still only the two cps ever done were this and a 9.8 that I did at the same show.  I've been an Austin fan all my life---jumped at the opportunity to get him when I did London years ago.  He wasn't even a guest of the show, but Dominic was able to convince him to come out to the event and meet me.  A huge thanks to Dom (thumbsu

pressbutton4.jpg