• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newton Rings aren’t the only problem...
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Lately CGC has been frequently mislabeling books. The past three submissions I have had multiple books with the wrong labels. I’m in double figures now.

After trying to explain to them via email and phone that they mislabeled the book, they say there was no mistake. That’s what the books’ codes came up as. What codes? The indicia, or the UPC?

Then, instead of simply allowing the cert number to fit in the correct registry slot, they change the slot instead of the book to accommodate the error. So people who had the correct book in the slot before, no longer have it in the set.  

When a book is clearly labeled a #2 on the cover and they label it a #1, you would think someone would notice 

this is but one example. It’s happening a lot, and they are screwing up the registry by simply changing slots instead of correcting the problem 

D29556E5-1FAB-4C22-93E5-20481B46F8F8.jpeg

Their QC does seem to have gone down the pan recently, tis true Thomas. I've noticed several faults with the registry lately...books just simply not existing or having the wrong description in the census info. Everywhere you turn now it's 5 million this, 5 million that. Really CGC?  Quantity above quality??  That's not gonna fly in these forums.

I've had a few books mislabeled over the last year, but I've managed to nip them in the bud by emailing CGC once the submission hits graded. They won't do anything before it hits graded status, but once it does the label data has been "verified" by the graders. In all cases, CGC has updated the labels while the books were still in their possession rather than waiting for me to receive them and then sending them back for a reholder. Won't help your situation now, but something to keep an eye on in the future.

32 minutes ago, greggy said:

I'm not sure what I'm more amazed about...

That you graded that book or that they actually made a second issue.

xoxo

greggy

:roflmao:

12 minutes ago, MadGenius said:

I've had a few books mislabeled over the last year, but I've managed to nip them in the bud by emailing CGC once the submission hits graded. They won't do anything before it hits graded status, but once it does the label data has been "verified" by the graders. In all cases, CGC has updated the labels while the books were still in their possession rather than waiting for me to receive them and then sending them back for a reholder. Won't help your situation now, but something to keep an eye on in the future.

Thanks I will have to try that. 

6 hours ago, MadGenius said:

You don't see the data until it shows Shipped/Safe now.  I never see anything at the graded status.  Maybe I'm mistaken.

11 minutes ago, aszumilo said:

You don't see the data until it shows Shipped/Safe now.  I never see anything at the graded status.  Maybe I'm mistaken.

You can see title/number and date of publication before grades show up. So those errors could be nipped in the bud.