• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Supergirl Legion of Superheroes 23 Versus TEC 880-most growth potential

23 posts in this topic

Adam Hughes variant of Supergirl  and the Legion of Superheroes 23 and Detective comics 880 are my two favorite modern covers.  I'm thinking about picking up second NM display copy for the holiday and wondering which one would be the better investment ?   Both have some good growth the past year. Thoughts?

SupergirlAndTheLegion23Hughes.jpg.8b5e2b8609fcdf65a6b0a2d4a3adc328.jpgDetective_Comics_Vol_1_880.jpg.b06ec35be214067e1ed3d36a91768fd6.jpg

Edited by Wolverinex

TEC #880 is a regular cover as oppose to a variant, but if that's enough to sway you, then chose #880....

Look at Harley Quinn # 1 new 52 hughes and see the decline in value on it, because variants have their day in the sun, still they come and go....

As oppose to Punisher #102 and it is a regular cover, and its popularity comes and goes too....

All in all I like LOSH more, but would buy the #880.... food for thought...

Buy what you like :foryou: 

Avoid them both and put your money into the an IRA.

If you must buy comics, buy highj grade secondary Bronze Age keys, which have pulled back in recent years, and have some potential relative to their GA and SA counterparts (except IH #181. Skip that.)

Try a nice Avengers #100 or Conan #1 or IF #14 in 9.6+.

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

If you must buy comics, buy highj grade secondary Bronze Age keys, which have pulled back in recent years, and have some potential relative to their GA and SA counterparts (except IH #181. Skip that.)

Good thoughts.. What is so special about Avengers 100?  Also  how much as IF14 dropped?  It still seem a bit pricey now for Sabertooth 

7 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Good thoughts.. What is so special about Avengers 100?  Also  how much as IF14 dropped?  It still seem a bit pricey now for Sabertooth 

Avengers #100 has wall to wall pages of gorgeous Barry Smith art.

IF #14 has wavered, but you have been able to get a 9.8 for 35% off its $2500 high at $1600 this year.

4 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I love the advice on an IRA, but many just wont do it. They are convince their gold mine is in comics. Take some of the profits and put them in some Roth's and you will do well over time. 
Time is something you cant get back.

4 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

There are other secondary keys that I think are better poised to break upwards now that IH 181 has made the first run. I will not mention the books since I do not want the competition in accumulating them, but a quick look at the pricing trends  of some on GPA will give them away. (thumbsu

Edited by kimik

4 minutes ago, kimik said:

There are other secondary keys that I think are better poised to break upwards now that IH 181 has made the first run. I will not mention the books since I do not want the competition in accumulating them, but a quick look at the pricing trends  of some on GPA will give them away. (thumbsu

tease.

Just now, RockMyAmadeus said:

tease.

lol

They are Bronze Age as well, but with better potential IMHO. I may end up being wrong, of course, but I do think that the surge in SA keys the past couple of years (start with the big three then trickle down to others) will be repeated in BA. Hulk 181 jumping like it did this year is similar to the spike in AF 15/IH 1/SC 4 a couple of years ago, and other BA keys should follow suit next year as SA key prices get too high. For the entry price of $3000 for a 2.0 on middle tier SA keys you can grab some nice BA keys in 9.4..............

On 11/3/2018 at 5:13 PM, kimik said:

I think the next one to follow IH181 (if it already hasn't) is House Of Secrets 92.