• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! Incredible PCH with some strange (Horrifying?) defacing . . .
1 1

25 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

Frank just doesn't have an appreciation for fine art!!!  haha

Ha!  I skipped the part about it being about tracing.  My first impression was the work of a manic/obsessive personality disorder- people that compulsively fill empty space.  Also just the idea of being the person who found this insanely cool stack of books- only to open them up, one after another, and find the entire inside covers blacked out in pencil.

6 minutes ago, Frank Grow said:

Ha!  I skipped the part about it being about tracing.  My first impression was the work of a manic/obsessive personality disorder- people that compulsively fill empty space.  Also just the idea of being the person who found this insanely cool stack of books- only to open them up, one after another, and find the entire inside covers blacked out in pencil.

You might say I was a tad disappointed . . . I was really looking forward to those Out of the Shadows books! But I still think I got a pretty good deal overall (there are a bunch of books that didn't have the tracing/pencil blackout - I'm working on getting most of them to the Presser and CGC). If they don't sell here I am going to experiment with an eraser and a steady hand and see what I can do. Maybe I can salvage them a bit.

Ok Boils and Ghouls - make your final selections, remember these are grave decisions you are making! I'm closing this thread as of the stroke of midnight (Eastern Time, daylight savings or is it standard now? I always get confused).

Thanks for looking, commenting and buying!