• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ending Ebay Auctions!!

37 posts in this topic

I KNOW this seller took about 4 weeks to pay me for a book they won from me late last year on ebay for less than 20 bucks...the schmuck. Ebay should not allow people to be a powerseller if they have a habit of ending their auctions early for no other reason than the fact that the final bid is lower than the seller was hoping the book would go for (and we all know this is the reason why this seller is ending their auctions early, regardless of the excuse they give to ebay).

I believe this seller who is ending lots of their auctions early used to frequently post on the CGC forums...fill in the letters, Mud....

Arch...if I violated some sort of forum rule, feel free to ask me to delete/edit this post. Thanks!

Regards

Christopher H

This was the email I just sent him:

Nice job on ending your auctions early - you've just had about 10 people add you to their non-bidder list, and we'll refrain from bidding on your items in the future.

By accident I noticed this...

First auction...no bids...

Re-listed auction...high sale amount....

Not making accusations here but in the first auction the book has a low CGC grade with white pages....in the second auction (which is the first book re-listed) the book is non-CGC high grade with white pages...

Is this the same book just freed from its tomb??....if not then at the very least he circumvented listing fee's by re-listing a differant book...

Something just does not add up here... crazy.gif

Good call! All I know is now at least all of us or some of us will be careful when viewing his auctions. I have a G.L. #35 CGC 9.4 up for auction now and was asked by a forum member about it, I personnally would rather see it go to this forum member but I will have to wait for it to run its course on ebay. I guess there are reasons for ending auctions but I just didn't feel this one was legit(in my opinion) tongue.gif

You better delete that post Rick........I'm too fast for you

I was being kind to you tongue.gif ...had my post ready to go ...but I let it sit ....when I finally submitted it ....well, the rest is history.... crazy.gif

>If you use their "relist the same item" option......and the book sells the second time.......you don't have to pay the listing fee for the second time.

oh i got it. you mean "re-list" same item, but actually, use it to re-list a different item... (i.e. the 7.5 book OUT of the case)

Exactly........I don't think your supposed to list different items with that option.

It's offered by eBay so you can relist an item that didn't sell with possibly a lower (or no) reserve the second time........or with a better description or pictures......etc.

If it sells the second time around, then they waive the listing fee for that second listing and eBay benefits by getting the final value fees for a sold item. If it doesn't sell that second time around, then you're stuck with the listing fees for both times.