• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All I do is win... except for not always... WTT: ASM129 for DD7?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Just lamenting out loud here... Had to have been early 2000's when I was working on completing a DD run and needed a #7...

At that time I'd been reading more and more the "collect what you like" articles, so I headed off to a Con looking for what I liked. (was it Heroes?  maybe a local Con in Hickory, NC... can't remember...)  Regardless, what I liked was DD... what I had was an ASM129, so let's make a trade!  Managed to find a guy with a DD7 in my price range to trade for my ASM129... we talked for a while, and while I wasn't totally into it, he convinced me it was a pretty straight deal, so I took it and filled the DD hole!

Oops.

Finally submitted my 7 to CGC recently and requested a screen for pressing/restoration... Major color touch on the front cover... 

Double oops.

Hadn't opened this book since I bought it, and I certainly did not even know that much about resto issues at the time.  Just... blah.

</rant>

7-FN-.jpg

7_1-FN-.jpg

1 hour ago, Schmakt said:

Just lamenting out loud here... Had to have been early 2000's when I was working on completing a DD run and needed a #7...

At that time I'd been reading more and more the "collect what you like" articles, so I headed off to a Con looking for what I liked. (was it Heroes?  maybe a local Con in Hickory, NC... can't remember...)  Regardless, what I liked was DD... what I had was an ASM129, so let's make a trade!  Managed to find a guy with a DD7 in my price range to trade for my ASM129... we talked for a while, and while I wasn't totally into it, he convinced me it was a pretty straight deal, so I took it and filled the DD hole!

Oops.

Finally submitted my 7 to CGC recently and requested a screen for pressing/restoration... Major color touch on the front cover... 

Double oops.

Hadn't opened this book since I bought it, and I certainly did not even know that much about resto issues at the time.  Just... blah.

</rant>

7-FN-.jpg

7_1-FN-.jpg

What was the grade of the ASM 129 you had?

On 11/9/2018 at 5:56 PM, rturr said:

What was the grade of the ASM 129 you had?

Pretty similar... whenever this was, the two books were relatively close in value in similar grades. This was well before I was scanning and logging everything though, so who knows! Regardless, live and learn! :)

i doubt CGC would have missed this though... it was a CCS prescreen that caught this... I just never thought to check... my first major fail from old purchases that I'm just now submitting...

Sometime in the late 1980's, I traded a ASM 129 for an FF 10. I never regretted it, though it is one of only a handful of trades I've ever made. When the Wolfman/Perez Teen Titans were hot, I traded a few of those for oddball GA books like Barney Google 2 and a Whiz 126. Cash for comics is always better, though, because you're less likely to miss it.  2c