• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE ISSUE OF COMICBOOK PRESSING...

33 posts in this topic

im reading and hearing alot about the issue of comicbook pressing as of late..

my opinion is[[ depending on the type of pressing ]]that it can go in a blue lable,but i would want to see on the subcaption the word [pressed]....if it was previously know to have been in a lower condition......of course there are times when you cannot tell and that is the issue here....but there are times when you will know in books that are well documented[such as high end books] its previous condition and pressing can than be noted.. in the case of intence pressing,is it not true that spine splitting can become an issue....whats your opinion...

Glad you found the few slim threads on pressing we have here. 27_laughing.gif

Now never, ever, ever sully the GA Forum with that topic again. Please. Thank you! grin.gif

Seriously. That's what Comics General is for- sullying!

Glad you found the few slim threads on pressing we have here. 27_laughing.gif

Now never, ever, ever sully the GA Forum with that topic again. Please. Thank you! grin.gif

Seriously. That's what Comics General is for- sullying!

Agreed. I was a bit taken aback to see it rear it's ugly head here.

I personally think the issue of pressing affects golden-age more than silver or bronze. The possibility to damage a golden-age book is more likely that silver or bronze and A LOT of golden-age books have been pressed.

I personally think the issue of pressing affects golden-age more than silver or bronze. The possibility to damage a golden-age book is more likely that silver or bronze and A LOT of golden-age books have been pressed.

Regardless, it's an issue that affects books from all ages, and belongs in the general forum.

You have a point. That still doesn't mean I want the Golden Age forum ruined in the same way the General forum has been for me... Because of the pressing obsession I don't read General any more. If it spreads I will simply give up on the forums altogether. That would suck.

That`s a bit of an overreaction, isn`t it Rob? If it looks like a pressing thread in General, then don`t go into the thread. If it looks like a "regular" thread that then gets hijacked by a pressing discussion, then stop reading it immediately at that point.

I`m torn between which cliche to use to describe your decision: throwing out the baby with the bathwater or cutting your nose to spite your face. 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

That`s a bit of an overreaction, isn`t it Rob? If it looks like a pressing thread in General, then don`t go into the thread.

Simply seeing the title of Yet Another Pressing Thread is annoying to me at this point.

If it looks like a "regular" thread that then gets hijacked by a pressing discussion, then stop reading it immediately at that point.

But at that point, it's too late and I'm annoyed and I want to choke people. Since it happens so often (think about the number of people who are ALWAYS one post away from talking about pressing), I figured, why bother...

It's not JUST pressing, by the way. Pressing is just the thin edge of the wedge. As I said on the day I went cold turkey:

"I give up! Comics General is officially a waste of my time now. If it's not breathless discussion of the latest EARTH SHAKING CONTROVERSY THAT WILL DESTROY THE HOBBY ® (pick your poison since there have been at least a half dozen so far) or veiled, hinted slanders at anyone and everyone that's ever sold a comic; it's some newbie posting about the comics equivalent of belly button lint or some shill posting nonsensical and inflammatory garbage."

veiled, hinted slanders at anyone and everyone that's ever sold a comic;

I used to think so too, but the sad thing is that more often than not the slander has turned out to be true. confused-smiley-013.gif

it's some newbie posting about the comics equivalent of belly button lint

So very true, unfortunately. frown.gif

"I give up! Comics General is officially a waste of my time now. If it's not breathless discussion of the latest EARTH SHAKING CONTROVERSY THAT WILL DESTROY THE HOBBY ® (pick your poison since there have been at least a half dozen so far) or veiled, hinted slanders at anyone and everyone that's ever sold a comic; it's some newbie posting about the comics equivalent of belly button lint or some shill posting nonsensical and inflammatory garbage."

Good summary...there are plenty of good collectors, dealers, and hobbyists out there (and here too) but they don't get much press (sorry!). Bronze and Gold is where it's at! thumbsup2.gif

Good summary...there are plenty of good collectors, dealers, and hobbyists out there (and here too) but they don't get much press (sorry!). Bronze and Gold is where it's at! thumbsup2.gif

That's the thing. If you actually want to talk about comics, you're much better off going to one of the age specific forums- More comics + less controversy, less flame warring, less graemlin posting, less newbie nonsense posting, less of a lot off things...

Must ... refrain ... from ... posting ... on ... this ... topic ... especially ... in ... the ... GA ...ugh ... section. makepoint.gif

Ow.

I'm better now. tonofbricks.gif

Impressive show of restraint Mark!! thumbsup2.gif

Color me impressed boo.gif

Joker--