• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting "ME" page

10 posts in this topic

I love it! Nothing like developing a thick skin AND a genuine sense of humor to mitigate the aw crud, I feel I have just been screwed (again, doh!) feeling. I can empathize with this seller...as I have had a fair amount of flake bidders (for items they won for wallet-draining $3.00 no less tongue.gif ).

And hey, i've heard some of these reasons on this list my own self (in particular the "my computer went down, i'm at my (insert: brother's/sister's/mother's) house using their computer". One guy just wrote me and said "Due to circumstances beyond my control, I cannot complete this transaction.". What the heck does that mean? Fine, except I waited a week after the auction ended to see this. That's not on that list; giving NO reason or excuse at all for not following through on an auction!

Heh, 9 times out of 10 I never hear from the bidder (no excuses, zip, nada)...frustrating, but I am now used to it. I just go through the motions and get my FVF back.

It is way to easy for a kid to bid on your auctions, not to mention the number of flake adults out there.

Am I the only one who gets nervous when sellers bid on your comic books (as nervous as when a newbie bids on my item)? I have had sellers take the longest to pay me, and only after we sometimes get to the point where a NPB has been left for them. I had Mud...uh, oops, I mean that 2tbill (or whatever his ebay handle is called) seller give me the excuse that my reminders to pay, etc., was one of over 300 e-mails he had to wade through...uh, like it is my fault that he does a lousy job of organizing his e-mails, and not taking care of business in a timely fashion.

Not to mention the tells me this after almost a MONTH had gone by, and I had tried at least 4 times to contact him. There is NO excuse for being rude or placing the blame for your incompetence on the person who feels you are about to give them the runaround/screw them out of the monies they are due for the auction the bidder won from them. If you are having problems paying for an auction, you give the person you are buying from a heads up well before a month has gone by.

Ebay can be frustrating at times, but when I am on a roll (and it looks like business is slowly picking up for me)....Ebay is absolutely glorious for my pocketbook.