• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cor Blimey Guvnor! A Superhero on Holiday! (or Vacation if you're from the US of A)

63 posts in this topic

Has this been done before? hm

Who cares :)

Here's Batman and Robin, and then Spidey savouring the delights of good ole Blighty while they still can (note how the 'City without Guns' has clearly deteriorated between visits):

197.thumb.jpg.b98cc476093fd80712bbb50fc8c6077f.jpg  95.thumb.jpg.e146e75b03cc720b1f54d199d1347332.jpg 

And hey! Who moved that bridge!?

Anyway, what's the most obscure country - other than England of course - that a superhero has visited on a comic cover? Has Aquaman been to Denmark? Has The Joker ever been seen in Belgium? Come to think of it, apart from Poirot, has anyone ever been seen in Belgium? Actually, Poirot was always in England wasn't he hm

Somebody must have been to Belgium!

Go find me some more :popcorn:

2 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

I gave you France already.   They speak French in Belgium.  

They speak it in Canada too Chris, but that's not Belgium either. Someone must have been to Belgium! 

Has Thanos been to Belgium do you think? hm

3 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

They speak Dutch in Belgium  

You lied to me chrisco37!  They're from Smurfland! :mad:

I've got proof and everything!

:)

19 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:
22 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:

Thor went to Vietnam via Belgium (Mjolnir overshot)

Is it on route? hm

Batman went to England, Mexico and Egypt. Gets about doesn't he. 

tec_508.png.fe89644836676f67c02cbd6bd8cfbbae.png

No Belgium covers though. So far. 

44 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Batman went to England, Mexico and Egypt. Gets about doesn't he. 

tec_508.png.fe89644836676f67c02cbd6bd8cfbbae.png

No Belgium covers though. So far. 

I think the trouble with Belgium is it's lack of readily identifiable landmarks. The most famous one I can think of is the little boy urinating into a fountain. Not the greatest selling point to put onto a superhero comic book although I'm sure the Human Torch would have had a tough time defeating him in the early 60's.

1 minute ago, Harry Lime said:

I think the trouble with Belgium is it's lack of readily identifiable landmarks. The most famous one I can think of is the little boy urinating into a fountain. Not the greatest selling point to put onto a superhero comic book although I'm sure the Human Torch would have had a tough time defeating him in the early 60's.

Famous Belgium things:

1. Poirot
  2. Boy piddling into fountain

hm