• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please grade my tanned Archie 65

24 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Not sure if that’s true as I think they’re pretty rare in any grade. Hopefully some recent price gains for Archie will prove you right and shake some higher grades out. 

Think you’ve got a 4.0 there and pretty sure it’s worth getting graded. 

I know you're a pretty heavy hitter in the Archie collecting sphere and I certainly respect your opinion on the matter. It is much easier to find a 5.0 #65 at a reasonable price than it is to find a 5.0 #5 at any price. 

I personally wouldn't slab anything past issue #50, non keys that is, in anything under 5.0, but I said that as my personal opinion only. I also admitted that I own slabbed copies in grades under 5.0 in later issues, but I didn't have them slabbed.

I think it could also be the way in which I collect. Both slabs and raws neither taking precedence.

Just my 2c 

Show your collection  PLEASE Thot I wanna see all those beauties!!!:baiting:

1 hour ago, Cliff R. said:

Only 4 on the CGC census. Tried to find a slabbed image, no luck.

This brings me to my next point. I think, again this is personal opinion, that Archie collectors are hesitant to slab because the books, to a certain extant, are just as important on the inside as the cover is. Obviously there are exceptions to that statement, but generally I prefer my Archies raw. I tend to want to slab when I find an exceptional looking copy that I wish to preserve. In those cases, I try to procure a companion  reader copy. 

All this to say that it is my belief that the census is not a good 'mile marker' when it comes to Archie.