• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5 Forumities - Past or Present that you'd sit next to on a looong flight.

144 posts in this topic

In no particular order, and it's hard since we're limited to only five:

1) Poverty Row- because someone has to help the ancient-one cross the street.

2) Esquirecomics-Mark's a good guy & cares about this hobby.

3) Greggy- 893blahblah.gifgossip.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif893naughty-thumb.gifsumo.gif !!!

4) The Brain- Hey, he's my little buddy and the offical "Nohands" narrator.

and # 5,.............(drum roll).......................

5) _______________ (insert your name here)!!! hi.gifflowerred.gif because five just won't due it !!! makepoint.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

Honorable mention: Norinn Radd- Co-Creator of "Nohands". thumbsup2.gif

In no particular order:

FFB I consider him a very good friend in the short time I've been on the boards. Of course who knows how he feels about me... 27_laughing.gif

Red Hook Talented illustrator/designer and a pre-hero fan to boot! thumbsup2.gif

AdamStrange I drool over that pre-hero collection hail.gif

Mica Incredible talent of deconstructing Silver Age Marvels makes me bust a gut every time I read "Tailors of Asgard". I could talk for hours about Silver Age Thors. headbang.gif

DNAgent Another fan who owns more than one page of Ditko TOS original art. We share the same mental illness. yay.gif

But I couldn't limit it to 5. There's also POV (Restoration GURU extraordinaire!!), Kermit the Frog, Sfilosa, Stronguy, Steve B, PedigreeMan, Moondog, etc etc etc and others who I'd want to yak with.

gossip.gif That's why we have a FORUM DINNER! It's like sitting next to a fan on an airplane for several hours, except the food and drinks are better, and you can get up and move any time you want to!!!

I think some of you are missing the crux of the question here...

This is a question about being stuck next to someone for hours on end, and them being stuck with you. Anybody can be entertaining for 10 minutes (heck, just ask Chromium to jump over his Miata). But 5 or 6 hours next to someone who ran out of things to say during the first drink service is rough.

I would love to be across the aisle watching Bug, JC and Hammer crowded into a 3-seat row...

It would be better than watching "Tiny House"!

Of course there is a better way to make it happen. Round up a couple dozen forumites and charter a boat for a three hour tour... A three hour tour... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This is a question about being stuck next to someone for hours on end, and them being stuck with you. Anybody can be entertaining for 10 minutes (heck, just ask Chromium to jump over his Miata). But 5 or 6 hours next to someone who ran out of things to say during the first drink service is rough.

I would love to be across the aisle watching Bug, JC and Hammer crowded into a 3-seat row...

Of course there is a better way to make it happen. Round up a couple dozen forumites and charter a boat for a three hour tour... A three hour tour... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ya I think 'house's point is well made, I'm not harping on anyone's choices, but you can only do so much ooooh ah you have that book in 893blahblah.gif

I tried to pick one person for comic talk Alan / Steve and the rest for personality - or in the case of #5 lack thereof. devil.gif

Ya I think 'house's point is well made, I'm not harping on anyone's choices, but you can only do so much ooooh ah you have that book in 893blahblah.gif

I tried to pick one person for comic talk Alan / Steve and the rest for personality - or in the case of #5 lack thereof. devil.gif

acclaim.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well in that case, I take back my 5 choices. 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

acclaim.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

acclaim.gif

makepoint.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

acclaim.gif

makepoint.gif

Be gone, foul Shrek !!! sumo.gif

poke2.gif

1. shiverbones--obviously, it would be cool to talk about our fondness for BA horror! smile.gif

2/3. BassGMan/october fire---purchasing strategies cool.gif

4. Redhook---all around great guy and has been a great sounding board for me thumbsup2.gif

5. Anyone who could tolerate me crazy.gif (I've yet to meet some of the local forumites like Zonker, drbanner, etc)

This is so simple.

On a long plane ride I'd like to sit next to either;

Mark Zaid,

Gene

Capt. Tripps

My reasoning is simply this-Sitting next to any or them,I'd be certain of sitting in First Class.

DrBanner

Greggy

FlyingDonut

JC

DarthDiesel

Picked not to talk about comics (god knows I do enough of that here) but they seem the type of guys I'd feel comfortable to just bullsh1t and drink beer with for awhile...

Jim

Why do I have to be the poster child again for stupid short-term behaviour ???confused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

jump.gif

Why do I have to be the poster child again for stupid short-term behaviour ???confused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

jump.gif

893whatthe.gif Better watch out for those roll-bars! foreheadslap.gif

jump.gif

893whatthe.gif Better watch out for those roll-bars! foreheadslap.gif

Is there an "after" picture, of this bloke in traction??