• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5 Forumities - Past or Present that you'd sit next to on a looong flight.

144 posts in this topic

This is a question about being stuck next to someone for hours on end, and them being stuck with you. Anybody can be entertaining for 10 minutes (heck, just ask Chromium to jump over his Miata). But 5 or 6 hours next to someone who ran out of things to say during the first drink service is rough.

Why do I have to be the poster child again for stupid short-term behaviour ???confused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

jump.gif

893whatthe.gif Better watch out for those roll-bars! foreheadslap.gif

Is there an "after" picture, of this bloke in traction??

Photo was edited! gossip.gif

This is a question about being stuck next to someone for hours on end, and them being stuck with you. Anybody can be entertaining for 10 minutes (heck, just ask Chromium to jump over his Miata). But 5 or 6 hours next to someone who ran out of things to say during the first drink service is rough.

Why do I have to be the poster child again for stupid short-term behaviour ???confused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

jump.gif

foreheadslap.gif

jump.gif

foreheadslap.gif

I believe that he's actually jumping into a pile of clothes. At least that's what Chrom mentioned back in the day! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Great thread! I don't think 5 would be enough, but here goes in no order.....

1. PovertyRow

2. Shiverbones

3. Jayman

4. AdamStrange

5. BountyCoder

Honorable mention to everyone who has supported Horror Comics Review fanzine, you know who you are! thumbsup2.gif

I'd sit with any of these individuals on a nice, long flight to Australia. Why? They are all pretty well rounded horror heads who could chat it up into the night, probably exchanging some good scary stories to pass the time. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Great thread! I don't think 5 would be enough, but here goes in no order.....

Ditto....Below is my list (I only considered forumites that I have never met in person):

1. Chromium - a no brainer. Allen and I have PM'd and talked so many times yet there's a million things I could talk to him about.

2. Goldust - another Euro. Andy has alot of the same views on non-comic related issues as I do. I wouldn't want to sit with someone I'd end up fighting with, so Andy is a natural choice.

3. BOC - My homey! Who else would be better to pick up chicks at the airport with? tongue.gif

4. AK (COI) - My other "Babe Brother". We could swap stories the entire flight, I'm sure.

5. Norrin Radd - It would be a "Goon-fest".

Well, leaving my local comic comrades out of the equation (FFB, Jimm, JeffKLi, JBud, Pov, and Supa) and withhout intentionally slighting any of you (except for maybe hobgob 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif)

- Nikos (the true gentlemen of the boards) thumbsup2.gif

- Burntboy (what's not to like?) grin.gif

- DiceX (cuz I dig those crazy skulls) cool.gif

- Red Hook (is there anyone more visually creative?) 893applaud-thumb.gif

- rob_react (whose opinions are often the most thought-provoking) wink.gif

flowerred.gif

Personally, I would charter a very big boat and invite everyone aboard for boozing and cruising and chatting from coast to coast headbang.gif

No love for wdb23. I didn't make anyone's top 5. frown.gif

I'd definitely have a lot more to talk about other than Dr. Strange, and you'd be able to watch movies on my portable DVD player. Oh well...

As for my 5: Rob React, Steve B, Flyingdonut, Deathlok, Ian Levine

Way too many Forumites I'd be happy to sit next to on a long flight, although if I had to narrow it to five, they'd be:-

Chrisco, Chrome, FFB, Divad, Redhook. Followed very closely by Kilt (I'd spend the entire flight lecturing him about the biz), Robreact, FF and the gregster.

Not to mention Banner and Blazing. Can't leave them out. crazy.gif

Timely-to talk Golden Age, Schomburg, and CGC. thumbsup2.gif

Burntboy-because he seems like a great guy, and he bought 'em off the shelf. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Esquire-because we share an interest in history. yay.gif

FFB-because we think alike. hi.gif

Metropolisent(Steve or Vincent) because they know ALL the stories. gossip.gif

And there are many others that I'll catch on the next flight. flowerred.gif

I agree with Nikos, a big ship and lots of beer!

Lots of people I would love long chats with but here are 5

1) Red Hook; We can take laptops and he can show me his 1337 photoshop skillz

2) Mica; We have many things in common and am sure we'd get on like a house on fire

3) Goldust40; As long as i get toilet breaks i don't mind a 7 hour lecture on the biz crazy.gif

4) Greggy; I'll talk to him about rodents for 7 hours. Probably end up like that scene from "Airplane!" where the granny hangs herself when it all becomes to much 27_laughing.gif

5) Someone like FFB who knows what they are talking about and can teach me things about comics. (Just like Goldy i guess)

Intresting thread...my 5 would be

CGCFAN - Cause he's my brother.

Andrew Knight - Seems like a nice guy,We get along well on here.

Metropolis (Vincent) I'd want him sitting near me so I can call him Veggie Vincent the whole way there.

BronzeBruce - Nice guy,has a lot to say Didn't get a chance to meet him like my brother did,so maybe next time.

Hammer/Meth - Nuff Said.

thumbsup2.gif

Limiting my list of five fellow flight companions to folks I haven't met in person yet, I have this starter list in no particular order.....with weighting given to longer term boardies.

1) Goldust40 - one of the gentlemen of the boards. As even-keeled as they come.

2) Povertyrow - really knowledgable, and a great sense of humor. And he's older than me.

3) Darthdeisel - I suspect there are things we don't agree on, but he just seems a solid guy. Solid family guy, which I respect alot. A BBQ in his back yard would probably be pretty friggin' memorable.

4) Rob_React - he won't read this because he's picketing General right now, but his wide-ranging interest in pop culture would keep me entertained on a looooooong flight. AKA Rob Under-react.

5) PedigreeMan - I'd have five hours to convince him that silver age pedigrees are worth something.

I could easily come up with another 25 to 30 names, but that would be cheating. That's just the start of my list.

Dinner with Andre list 893blahblah.gif

Redhook ( So POV has someone to talk to)

POV

Foolkiller(So FFB has someone to argue lawyerspeak with)

FFB

And Burntboy ( to add a touch of class to the bunch, Oh yeah..and that Silver Attache' Case)

Fight Club List stooges.gif

Stevie B. (so Marnin could insult him directly)

Marnin

Hammer

FFB( so Hammer has someone to argue with)

and MK ( to argue with EVERYBODY)

Mile High Club List shy.gif

Flink

Joanna

Bella D.

Gemma

Bop Kat

(ok, like I would have a chance with any of um.. but hey.. what if the plane went down and I was the only male on the island?)

And of course there are more lists in my head.. but not enough time.

Ze-