• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Closing tonight! Reopened OO late 10 cent DCs DEEP DISCOUNTS on raw, plus NEW CGC copies! Recap Pg 1, new books pg 15! HOS #92 CGC
3 3

351 posts in this topic

On 1/24/2019 at 11:56 AM, mysterio said:

One more palate cleanser from a new collection we picked up yesterday, then (hopefully) back to finish the WF this afternoon...

Brave and the Bold #63 VG -- asking $10 + shipping

Solid copy, everything well attached, nice paper.

BB63.jpg

I'll take this also  :takeit:

On 1/23/2019 at 9:02 PM, mysterio said:

Not much time to post books tonight, unfortunately, but I will post this one goodie...

Brave and the Bold #60 G -- asking $38 + shipping

Attractive book despite low technical grade. The top staple has pulled through the cover and the first 6 pages, but the lower staple is well attached to the cover and the centerfold is attached at both. The page quality is quite nice. Bit of a dust shadow on the back cover, and it looks as though there was some light moisture to the upper back cover but no staining. The front cover has a quarter sized moisture stain on the inside at the top by the area where some surface paper is missing. Also a nickel sized stain on the inside front cover at the 12 c price (I think there may have been a price sticker affixed at some point that has fallen off, no damage to outside of the cover at this area). Book is complete, readable, and still has good gloss and color. If you want an entry level copy this is a nice one.

BB60.jpg

BB60bc.jpg

Take via PM. 

Ok, first new book for the thread. This is one I have had for about 25 years, and just got it graded in the past month. And before anyone asks, I did know about the resto. This is the first, and one of the only, books I bought knowing it had had work done. Great looking book, even with the purple label. GPA data (supplied below) shows last sale of a C-1 restored at $460 nearly a year ago, and I am basing my price off of that.

House of Secrets #92 CGC 7.0 C-1 OW-W -- asking $525 shipped SOLD :news:

HOS92CGC.jpg

HOS92CGCbc.jpg

HOSGPA.jpg

Edited by mysterio
sold

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:37 PM, mysterio said:

Tales of the Unexpected #53 VF/VF- -- asking $125 + shipping (below OSPG VF)

Really pretty book, only light wear. Minor distributor ink spots to back cover.

TalesUnexpected53.jpg

TalesUnexpected53bc.jpg

Tales of the Unexpected #53 VF/VF- -- was $125, now $75 + shipping (below OSPG VF)  take

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:16 AM, mysterio said:

Superman #155 VF-  -- asking $79 + shipping

Another beautiful copy, just spine wear and light non-colorbreaking wear.

Superman155.jpg

Superman155bc.jpg

Superman #155 VF-  -- was $79, now $49 + shipping

:takeit: 

9 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Ok, first new book for the thread. This is one I have had for about 25 years, and just got it graded in the past month. And before anyone asks, I did know about the resto. This is the first, and one of the only, books I bought knowing it had had work done. Great looking book, even with the purple label. GPA data (supplied below) shows last sale of a C-1 restored at $460 nearly a year ago, and I am basing my price off of that.

House of Secrets #92 CGC 7.0 C-1 OW-W -- asking $525 shipped

HOS92CGC.jpg

HOS92CGCbc.jpg

HOSGPA.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:32 AM, mysterio said:

Detective Comics #270 G/VG -- asking $35 + shipping

The earliest, and the lowest grade for the Detectives I will be offering. Everything is attached at both staples, though the upper staple has a somewhat tenuous grasp on the cover. Light moisture and foxing to inside covers, but pages are nice and white (very fresh). Nice enough copy aside from the obvious defects.

Detective270.jpg

Detective270bc.jpg

Detective Comics #270 G/VG -- was $35, now $20 + shipping

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 4:48 PM, mysterio said:

World's Finest #120 F/VF -- asking $32 + shipping

Very fresh book with fresh pages. Small chip off at lower right corner of front cover, minor edge wear, light spine wear (most visible on back cover, a press may help this if you'd like) and a 3/4" crease in the upper left corner of the back cover.

WF120.jpg

WF120bc.jpg

World's Finest #120 F/VF -- was $32, now $20 + shipping

15 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Tales of the Unexpected #53 VF/VF- -- was $125, now $75 + shipping (below OSPG VF)  take

12 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Detective Comics #270 G/VG -- was $35, now $20 + shipping

7 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

World's Finest #120 F/VF -- was $32, now $20 + shipping

13 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Superman #155 VF-  -- was $79, now $49 + shipping

^^

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:22 AM, mysterio said:

I'll sneak one in.

Superboy #85 (copy B) F/VF -- asking $60 + shipping

Light spine and edge wear, beautiful pages. Most notable defect is the tiny scrape in the O in the title. It does create a tiny pinhole of penetration. Otherwise a very sharp copy.

Superboy85.jpg

Superboy85bc.jpg

Superboy #85 (copy B) F/VF -- was $60, now $38 + shipping  :takeit: 

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:25 AM, mysterio said:

Detective #281 Fine/Fine + -- asking $79 + shipping

Solid copy, could also maybe use a dry cleaning.

Detective281.jpg

Detective281bc.jpg

Detective #281 Fine/Fine + -- was $79, now $49 + shipping :takeit: 

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:34 AM, mysterio said:

Detective #283 Fine ++  -- asking $79 + shipping

Very solid copy, but slightly loose at the staples.

Detective283.jpg

Detective283bc.jpg

Detective #283 Fine ++  -- was $79, now $49 + shipping  :takeit: