• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM-Tales of Suspense #52
1 1

16 posts in this topic

Hey....I'm just hoping you guys might be able to give me your opinions on a few books....I've never sent any comics to CGC or anything, Just wanted to post a few books to see if my grades are even close to accurate.

PS, I dont know a lot about this board, should I create a new thread for a different book, or should I post 2 books in one thread?

for example, I want you guys to also look at my Fantastic Four #45, but I dont know if I should post BOTH TOS #52 and FF#45 in one thread or make 2

thanks for any advice and grading you give...

20181205_142203.jpg

20181205_144749.jpg

20181205_144802.jpg

20181205_144808.jpg

20181205_144817.jpg

20181205_144822.jpg

20181205_145224.jpg

20181205_145231.jpg

20181205_145238.jpg

20181205_145209.jpg

jesus are you guys serious?

I think I might be severely under grading....I was thinking 6.5....

thank you SO MUCH for the replies....

also thank you for the advice on 3 books a day, do you think regulars will get mad if I post 3 a day for like 4 or 5 days in a row?

with your guys 8.0/8.5 opinions, I think I need to post a few books to see if I'm really under grading that much...

Hello Bill :)

The rules are in here, first post:

I found your photos quite dark and difficult to grade if I'm honest, but was nearer to your 6.5 than 8's and up. With the next ones, try to brighten them up if you can, and show all four corners clearly. Nice book by the way. 

1 hour ago, oldrover said:

I would not try to grade this book based on these pictures. FWIW.

the pics are really hard to see anything but I do see what seems like a small diagonal piece out of the top spine back cover, and some over hang tears, and that spine corner is color rubbed and rounded. tough to tell but looks like some cover indentations that could be fixed. 7.5 tops from what I can see.

48 minutes ago, DR.X said:

the pics are really hard to see anything but I do see what seems like a small diagonal piece out of the top spine back cover, and some over hang tears, and that spine corner is color rubbed and rounded. tough to tell but looks like some cover indentations that could be fixed. 7.5 tops from what I can see.

thanks for the grade....

I'm working on getting better lighting the next time I take pictures...

the last few days is the first time I've ever tried taking pictures and putting them on sites.

Your not the only one to complain about the lighting....

I'm gonna take some pictures of a FF 45 here in a bit and I think I've got much better lighting set up... but again I thank you for looking at these pics and trying to give a grade

Terrible picture quality but you made up for it with quantity. I think it is better than a 6.5 but not worthy of an 8.0. Remind me to never buy a raw book from whoever said 8.5 ! I see some tears on the bottom edge and the obvious spine tics and creases. It would have been nice to see the insides to inspect for tanning. So a rough estimate of 7.0/7.5 for me. 

3 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Terrible picture quality but you made up for it with quantity. I think it is better than a 6.5 but not worthy of an 8.0. Remind me to never buy a raw book from whoever said 8.5 ! I see some tears on the bottom edge and the obvious spine tics and creases. It would have been nice to see the insides to inspect for tanning. So a rough estimate of 7.0/7.5 for me. 

this was first first attempt at taken pics and putting them on a site...obviously I didnt do well.

I'm taking new pics tonight of a few more issue where I've set up much better lighting, I've had multiple people complain about the lighting(which I agree is not good)

I'll takes some pics of the inside of this book too while I'm at it, I do think theres is some tanning...

Thank you for the grade though!

5 hours ago, billbrown7080 said:

It would have been nice to see the insides to inspect for tanning. So a rough estimate of 7.0/7.5 for me. 

how much does the color of Pages effect the grade?

hypothetically speak if you had a comic that was in every way a 8.0....but the interior pages were tanning or Off-White?