• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New ebay coupon for Friday 10% off all day
1 1

24 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

It seems to me that you would still be held accountable unless you rescind.  I would think eBay's overall rules (48 hours for response unless offer is rescinded) would trump your attempted modification of their rules via the messaging system. (shrug)

I am not sure why you'd think that, they are pretty clear about all conditions apply. It isn't a modifcation of the rules, it is in accordance with the rules which are clearly stated for reasons such as this. I would rescind in the morning if needed but if they accept after the coupon ends we all know buyers have the power on ebay.

10 minutes ago, Bird said:

I am not sure why you'd think that, they are pretty clear about all conditions apply. It isn't a modifcation of the rules, it is in accordance with the rules which are clearly stated for reasons such as this. I would rescind in the morning if needed but if they accept after the coupon ends we all know buyers have the power on ebay.

It appears that you may be correct  https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/buy-now/making-best-offer?id=4019&st=3&pos=1&query=Making a Best Offer&context=9010_BUYER

I am always leery of these big corporations like eBay, where what you're suggesting may be countermanded by some other deeply buried rule found elsewhere.

On 12/7/2018 at 8:26 PM, lizards2 said:

I used my other eBay ID to bag these, keeping in mind 10% isn't a heck of a big discount.

Thunder Agents 14 was $63 after best offer acceptance and coupon, but then had $7.70 shipping.  Really happy because some of these Tower books are a biatch to locate in HG, and usually folks want double for them.

Jimmy Olsen 126 was $54 after best offer acceptance and coupon, but then had $12.04 shipping.  Really happy about this one, as the black cover makes it tough, and this issue is was a gaping hole in my later issue J.O. collection.  Plus, just look at that cover - moon landing, butthurt Supes, etc.

TAgents14cgc9.2.jpg

TAgents14cgc9.2bc.jpg

JO126cgc9.2.jpg

JO126cgc9.2bc.jpg

I had looked all day and into the night for a book.  I would have jumped on that Thunder Agents if I had seen it.  Nice pick-up!