• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic subscription

9 posts in this topic

Hey fellas. Usually i buy comics for the local shops or on ebay etc.  Recently i bought a -script to both spawn and amazing spider-man. My question is,  how do they ship your comic subscription nowadays.  I know they used to send em in a little sleeve.  Im just hoping they dont send them in something flimsy and they get all bent up.  Thanks

My latest Image Direct (Farmhand) came without board or bag and is sealed in a thin grey wrapping almost exact fit to the comic. If you are collecting for condition you will not be happy. They are using the cheapest for mailing cost. Okay for reading. 

31xnuzAU8GL.jpg.9e2c0f1585b23ca94c298894e15c7be5.jpg

From Image Direct  "All titles are placed in an opaque poly bag with a current backing board in front. Oversized titles and Image Plus catalogs are sent in the same type of polybag with no backing board. All subscriptions purchased with shipping included are sent by USPS bulk rate standard flat service. This generally takes 3- 12 business days for delivery. Tracking is not available for subscriptions."

See they say here a current backing board but my recent first order did not have one.

Edited by dfx1

1 minute ago, dfx1 said:

My latest Image Direct (Farmhand) came without board or bag and is sealed in a thin grey wrapping almost exact fit to the comic. If you are collecting for condition you will not be happy. They are using the cheapest for mailing cost. Okay for reading. 

31xnuzAU8GL.jpg.9e2c0f1585b23ca94c298894e15c7be5.jpg

From Image Direct  "All titles are placed in an opaque poly bag with a current backing board in front. Oversized titles and Image Plus catalogs are sent in the same type of polybag with no backing board. All subscriptions purchased with shipping included are sent by USPS bulk rate standard flat service. This generally takes 3- 12 business days for delivery. Tracking is not available for subscriptions."

Damn that sucks.  Thanks for the info man. 

3 minutes ago, shadroch said:

How a company ships is not universal. "They" use different methods. If you mention a specific company, hopefully you'll find someone with experience with them.

In the future, these questions are better asked before you subscribe.

This is kinda what I was looking for...

5 minutes ago, shadroch said:

How a company ships is not universal. "They" use different methods. If you mention a specific company, hopefully you'll find someone with experience with them.

In the future, these questions are better asked before you subscribe.

its both image and marvel...amazing spiderman and spawn..image didnt say asnything about shipping. its all good anyway. its not as if ill cancel my -script.

Edited by Stillirize85

On 12/18/2018 at 10:50 AM, Stillirize85 said:

its both image and marvel...amazing spiderman and spawn..image didnt say asnything about shipping. its all good anyway. its not as if ill cancel my --script.

You'd probably be better off with a subscription through a comic shop that ships. A lot of them do and they will be better protected for shipping. Most of them also give discounts also on new books.