• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a clear cut Top 5 ?
1 1

25 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, batman_fan said:

It was the top 5 annoying people. 

3 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:

Well you got

Bedrock

G.A.tor

Gotham Kid

batman_fan

Cat-Man_America

(thumbsu

Lets see

There are 2 Batman collectors     Gotham Kid  batman_fan  :headbang:

1 centaur                                      G.A.tor  :headbang:

1 Timely                                       Cat-Man_America :headbang:

1 Everything 9.0 and above        Bedrock :takeit:all (worship)

Great group to be around :whee:

Ps I love my Ducks also

89bc6cc1d77b4129e8ef060af23c00c9.jpg

On 12/16/2018 at 5:12 PM, KirbyJack said:

You won’t get a lot of pushback on 

1. Action 1

2. Detective 27

3. Superman 1

4. Batman 1

5. Captain America 1

....except from me, of course.

Marvel Comics 1, Baby!

I like Cap 1, but it's way too common to be a top 5 book. I'd put both Action 7 and Tec 31 above it.

I like Marvel Comics 1, too, but its popularity has been waning for a long time now.

4 hours ago, jimbo_7071 said:

I like Cap 1, but it's way too common to be a top 5 book. I'd put both Action 7 and Tec 31 above it.

I like Marvel Comics 1, too, but its popularity has been waning for a long time now.

Even though Cap 1 is “ not hard to find “ post it’s 1,000,000 print run I still have it a Top 5 book I would dare to make an argument fir #3 or # 4 even 😲

34 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Even though Cap 1 is “ not hard to find “ post it’s 1,000,000 print run I still have it a Top 5 book I would dare to make an argument fir #3 or # 4 even 😲

Are you talking significance or value? If you're talking significance, I see where you're coming from. After all, it features its titular character's first appearance whereas Batman 1 and Superman 1 do not. I'd counter that by saying that Captain America isn't quite the icon that Batman and Superman (and Spider-Man!) are.

If you're talking dollar value, well...the book is lucky to be in the top 10 (if it even is). It wouldn't take much of a downturn in the hobby to create a glut of Cap #1's.

Edited by jimbo_7071