• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Romantic Valentine's Day War Thread - Treat Your Sweetie!!! New books page 16 - Recap Page 1!!
2 2

307 posts in this topic

All American Men of War 84 6.5 white pages $30.  3rd Johnny Cloud - have you heard about the movie?  Hard crease @ULBC, small tear @ URBC.
AAMOW84.jpg

AAMOW84bc.jpg

All American Men of War 86 7.5/8.0 slightly OW pages $50.  Fifth Johnny Cloud - have you heard about the movie?  Neither have I.  Some light foxing spots on interior covers, thumbnail creasing along open and bottom edge BC. All wear extremely difficult to see – this is a very clean, white copy.
ammo86.jpg
ammo86bc.jpg

All American Men of War 90 4.0 CROW pages $30.  Highly sought after - Roy Lichtenstein’s 1964 triptych “As I Opend Fire” is based on panels from the Johnny Cloud story - https://www.comics.org/issue/16855/ Not reflected in OSPG.  Heading to stratosphere, whether you are on board or not. :news:  SOLD!!! :news: 

th_ammo90.jpg th_ammo90bc.jpg

Edited by lizards2

All American Men of War 93 6.5 OW/W pages, $25.  Printer’s crease and other creases at LRFC – nice white copy, front & back!
AllAmWar93.jpg

AllAmWar93bc.jpg

All American Men of War 94 3.5 OW pages.  $15.  Top staple almost detached, centerfold detached at bottom staple, chip at LRFC.  Classic Russ Heath parachute cover.

AllAmWar94b.jpg

AllAmWar94bbc.jpg

All American Men of War 105 copy a cracked out CGC 8.0 OW pages $50.  Outstanding nice, white, clean copy that I would call 8.5, with props, and white pages.  Dent at bottom edge by LRFC.  Small tear and ½” crease at top spine BC, and some other NCB stuff.
ammo105cgc8.jpg
ammo105cgc8bc.jpg
ammo105cgc8lab.jpg

All American Men of War 105 copy c 7.5 CROW $22. No horses were harmed in the filming of this movie.

AllAmWar105c.jpg

AllAmWar105cbc.jpg

All American Men of War 105 copy d deslabbed CGC 7.0 LTOW. $18 PQ looks CROW to me. 

How did I end up with so many copies of this issue?
AllAmWar105d.jpg

AllAmWar105dbc.jpg

Edited by lizards2

All American Men of War 105 copy e 7.5 CROW $25.  Rub at spine, slight crease @ URFC, slight sunshadow BC.  Bought as VF off the CGC Boards. 

I don't know :screwy:
AllAmWar105e.jpg

AllAmWar105ebc.jpg

Edited by lizards2

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

How did I end up with so many copies of this issue?

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

I don't know :screwy:

DilbertInvestingStrip.gif

All American Men of War 106 8.0/8.5 white pages $42.  Nice white, clean copy.  Deep bends at lower mid spine FC, and LRBC.  I’m guessing this one is pressable, but what do I know.
ammo106.jpg
ammo106bc.jpg

All American Men of War 107 7.5/8.0 white pages $32.  NCB thumbnail at bottom edge FC, couple hard creases at ULBC, spine tics.  White, clean copy, with some dirt rubbing BC.

You would think that Captain Johnny Cloud would have known that the USAF wasn't created until 1947....,  :taptaptap:

ammo107.jpg
ammo107bc.jpg

All American Men of War 111 7.0/7.5 OW/W pages $35.  Awesome gray tone three panel cover!  Spine tics and thumbnail wear along open edge FC, with one small chip out.  Glossy FC.
ammo111.jpg
ammo111bc.jpg

All American Men of War 112 CGC 9.4 OW $190.  Balloon Buster begins, sharp grey tone cover!  :news:  SOLD!!!  :news: 
th_AAMOW112CGC94c.jpg th_AAMOW112CGC94cbc.jpg

Edited by lizards2
Sold via PM!

All American Men of War 114 CGC 7.0 OW/W pages $25.  I would call this 7.5/8.0 with white pages.  A couple spine tics and wear to LLFC, rounded corner at LRFC with micro crease, dirt rubbing BC.  The label says “Origin and 1st Appearance of Balloon Buster” – it might be the origin – note sure - but the first appearance is in AAMOW 112.  Here’s your chance to own a misprint CGC label.
ammo114cgc7.jpg
ammo114cgc7bc.jpg
ammo114cgc7lab.jpg

All American Men of War 116  8.5 OW pages $30.  Would be 9.0/9.2 except for thumbprints at right edge on FC

AAMOW116.jpg

AAMOW116bc.jpg