• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Catrick's Merry Christmas Mini Cornucopia is CLOSED
3 3

81 posts in this topic

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:14 PM, catrick339 said:

Romantic  Marriage 23

Gorgeous  Matt Baker  cover

Flat  and  tight,  but  several  small pieces out  FC,  along  with  a  3/4  x 2 piece  out lower  edge. Corner off  lower  LH  BC  
Good  gloss,   tight  CF,  cream  to  offwhite pages.
GPA  shows  one   recent  sale,   6.0  at  $960,  only  three    total. 

Asking  $300  Price  drop  to   $250

SVQSSvI.jpg

zN59z3h.jpg

Well,   obviously  $300  was  a  bridge  too  far.  

Price  drop  to  $250

As  a follow up,   here's  the other  Matt  Baker   book  for  this  thread:

Fight  Comic  59

Two   Baker  stories  in  this  issue,  Tiger  Girl   and  Kayo   Kirby.

Spine  roll,  splits upper  and  lower  spine,    messy  corner  with   a piece of tape  inside  upper  RH  FC,  Small  corner off
upper  LH  BC,  along  with  previous  two  leaves.  nowhere  near  the  art.   Tight  spine  and  CF, cream - offwhite  pages.

Decent  reader  for $30  SOLD!

b4wmopj.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Comic  Cavalcade 31

Second  funny  animal  issue

Flat  and  tight,   but  two  small  pieces out  of   spine  strip,  back  cover  and   previous  two  pages  have  small  matching
tears, nothing  that  comes  close  to  the  art.   Small split  upper  spine  along   BC. Interior is nice,  with  offwhite  pages

Asking  $35

laqsCOQ.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 3:20 PM, catrick339 said:

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER ONLY  FOR  THIS THREAD!  EXCEPTIONS   FOR   OUR  CANADIAN  AND OVERSEAS  FRIENDS  TO  HELP  EXPIDITE THINGS

This  strikes  me  as  a  good  time  for  a  reminder,  Gang!     Check   or  MO  ONLY  for  this  thread,  with  exceptions  for  Canada and  overseas. 

The  Spirit  #1,  Fiction  House

Pretty  copy,   with  some  minor issues. 

Quarter  inch    corner of  upper   LH  BC,   several  tiny  chips  out    LH  edge  BC.,   Last  four  leaves  have  
small  tears   outer  edge,  with  small  piece out  of  one  leaf.  Nothing  comes  near   any  art. 
Chip  out   lower  LH  FC,    several  tiny  tears  along  bottom  edge   FC.  Quarter  inch  tear  RH  edge  FC
With  all  that  being  said,  this  copy  still  lays  flat,    has  a  bit  of  gloss,   has  a  tight  spine  and  CF,  
and has  clean,  offwhite  pages.    

Asking  $180

nadSQ9f.jpg

Jingle  Jangle  Comics 11

Yep,   this  is  the title  that     Harlan  Ellison  was   talking  about  in  All  In  Color  For  A  Dime

Two  George  Carlson  stories in  this issue,     Jingle  Jangle  Tales,   and  The Piefaced  Prince  of  Old  Pretzelburg. 

Looks  pretty  nice  at  first  glance,  but  there's  a  tape  repair  at  the  single  staple  inside  the  cover.  Good  sized  
corner off  lower  LH  BC,  a  bit  bigger  than  a  silver   (Eisenhower)  dollar.  Some  general  wear.  
On the  bright  side,   it's  tight  with  white  pages,.    Nice  looking  reader  copy  with   a  couple  major  flaws. 

Asking $10  SOLD!

BF5RuXi.jpg

Edited by catrick339

All  right,   last  book  for  the  evening. 

Wings  Comics  87

Ahh,   one of the  great  Bob  Lubbers   covers  from  late  in  the  run.   Issue  90  is  still  my   top  favorite,   but 
I like  this  one   just  fine.  

Quarter  inch  tear  upper  LH  FC,   bit  of  general  wear.  Looks  like  a  touch  of surface  rust  lower  staple,  not  a hint of  migration. 
This  copy  is  flat,  glossy,    tight  spine  and  CF,    white  pages.  
An  altogether   pretty  copy.   

Asking  $150,   FIRM

f82JT7i.jpg

Edited by catrick339

44 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Jingle  Jangle  Comics 11

Yep,   this  is  the title  that     Harlan  Ellison  was   talking  about  in  All  In  Color  For  A  Dime

Two  George  Carlson  stories in  this issue,     Jingle  Jangle  Tales,   and  The Piefaced  Prince  of  Old  Pretzelburg. 

Looks  pretty  nice  at  first  glance,  but  there's  a  tape  repair  at  the  single  staple  inside  the  cover.  Good  sized  
corner off  lower  LH  BC,  a  bit  bigger  than  a  silver   (Eisenhower)  dollar.  Some  general  wear.  
On the  bright  side,   it's  tight  with  white  pages,.    Nice  looking  reader  copy  with   a  couple  major  flaws. 

Asking $10

BF5RuXi.jpg

Seeing as how you convinced me to buy every other copy of this comic I have...:takeit:

7 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Comic  Cavalcade 30

First  issue  of  the  new  "funny  animal"  format. 

Splits FC  and  chips  out upper  and lower  spine,   small piece of  tape FC,  another  BC,  long  split upper  spine  BC. 
small piece out   lower  edge page 1,   doesn't  touch  art,   piece of old  tape  page 3.

Flat,  square,  tight,   white  pages. 

Yours for  $40

b6GM3Pd.jpg

:takeit:  Had root canal, new gold crown, property taxes, and new timing belt next month.

Howdy  Gang!  Back  for  another  handful. 

I  do  confess  to  being  a  bit  surprised,.   I  expected  the  Baker books  and  the  Wings  to  sell  right  away. 
Instead,   the  funny  stuff  seems  to be  selling.   Who  knew,  right?

In  an  attempt  to  pander   to  the  crowd,    I'm  upping  the  funny  stuff  quotient  a  bit. 

Army  and  Navy  Comics  V1  #1

I  believe  I've   seen  two  other  copies  over  the  years,  Gerber    lists  it  as a  6,  so  they're out  there.

This   copy  looks  nice  at  first  glance,  but  the  lower  spine is split  about a third  of  the  way up,   cover  is loose 
from  the  single  staple,    small  tear  RH  edge FC, small   corner off  upper  RH  BC,. couple  chips  out  and  a  big  ol'  dogear  BC.  
Interior  is  sharp, 64 pretty  white  pages,   tight  from  front  to  back,  decent  gloss,    nice  eye  appeal.

Asking  $75  for  a  decent  1941  book.

zGRV6XW.jpg

Amazing  Adventurers 5 (1961)

Lower  staple  pulled,   lower  spine  split  to  staple,   couple  small pieces  out  spine  FC,  tear  and  piece out  LH  edge  BC.  
General  wear,  touch  of  spine  roll.   Interior  is  tight,  with  a   small piece off  outer  edge  on  one  leaf,  nothing  anywhere  
the  art.   Offwhite -  white  pages.

Take it  for  $50

EDIT:  The  usual  mix,  but  no  Doctor Droom   this issue. 

tDrQSdm.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Army and  Navy  Comics  V1  #4

Rough   reader.

Well,   you  can  see  the  big  ol'  piece  out  lower  LH  FC,  and  there's  plenty  of  wear  to  boot,  staples  are  rusty  with  
migration,   cover is loose,   tape  repairs  here and there  on  the  cover,  CF  is  loose, with  a big tear on  each  leaf.

Grab  an  affordable  reader  for  $30

XrL5RiJ.jpg

Wilbur  Comics 17

Tears  at upper   staple,   which  is  still  attached, large  light  water  stain,   small  split  with  small tear  lower  spine, 
couple  chips  and  1-1/2"  tear   BC.  Inside  is  fine,  with  a nice  Katy  Keene  story  amidst  all  the  Wilbur  hi-jinx.
Rust  with  a  bit  of  migration  upper  spine.

Asking  $20

3xU4i8e.jpg

3 minutes ago, Cliff R. said:

Hi Rick! Any coverless complete early ASMs ? I Need 3, 4, 6 and 8... 

I'll  check,  but  I  think  I  sold  'em  all  back  in the  spring  during  the  Pieces  and  Parts   thread,

Superman 77

Small  tear and small piece out  LH  edge BC,  two   modest pieces  out  lower  RH  FC,  small  split  lower  spine,  
small  tears  at  staples,.   Cover  still  firmly  attach,    flat  and   clean,  tight  with  white  pages.

Nice  looking   midgrade for $150

pucVvbf.jpg