• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics that might become valuable if character ever reintroduced

98 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

On the other side of the coin... consider the 1st Groot.  Was anyone really paying attention to that book prior to Groot becoming a Guardian?

Why would anyone have paid special attention to that book? It was his only real appearance for 45 years after his creation!

It's one thing to thrust a minor character into the spotlight, but nobody could have foreseen somebody at Marvel picking Groot, of all the Marvel Monsters, to be resurrected, revamped and made part of a team that would be featured in a movie.

4 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Why would anyone have paid special attention to that book? It was his only real appearance for 45 years after his creation!

It's one thing to thrust a minor character into the spotlight, but nobody could have foreseen somebody at Marvel picking Groot, of all the Marvel Monsters, to be resurrected, revamped and made part of a team that would be featured in a movie.

True.  They could pull up Fin Fang Foom, Taboo, Klagg, Grog, Tragg or any of a number of them nitwits and put em in a movie.

Where DC went heavy with the letters X and Z for monster names, Marvel relied heavily on the letter G to give em the right zing.

5 minutes ago, Krydel4 said:

f3eb5f0f5aae188e5b52e25e229ab2f2-460x699.png

Gabby 'Rivera' has killed that character.  He'll never be worth squat.

7 hours ago, the blob said:

Ok, you can buy a nice car with that book, look at the thread title! At least post the first SA APP! (I would love it if the aparo adventure comics spectre appearances ever came back, have a bunch of nice ones)

Don't know what kind of car you could get for this beater money. I know I would pass on a ride in it...:roflmao:

To each his own, but I really like the early Spectre stories a lot more. Art wise, a little sketch but killer stories. Aparo simply carried on the tradition of the original character.

10 minutes ago, Robot Man said:
15 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

More than what? Which other Spectre stories have you read?

Pretty much all the SA and BA stuff. I bought them off the rack Sonny!:preach:

How much GA Spectre have YOU read?

Kneel Atoms Spectre was goofy AF

3 minutes ago, kav said:

Kneel Atoms Spectre was goofy AF

Classic early Golden Age / Fleisher / Ostrander Spirit of Vengeance version for me.

Edited by Ken Aldred

13 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

How much GA Spectre have YOU read?

Not much, but still too much. The ideas are okay, but like most GA, the execution is :sick:

13 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Pretty much all the SA and BA stuff. I bought them off the rack Sonny!:preach:

Ah, so not the actual good stuff (other than the Fleisher/Aparo run).

3 minutes ago, kav said:

Kneel Atoms should be kept away from all writing implements.

Some of my favourite Atoms art in that short run, though.

2 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Some of my favourite Atoms art in that short run, though.

You got that right.  MUST HAVE.  If only Denny O Neil did the writing......

or even Alien Moore

Edited by kav