• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lone Ranger giveaway - Looking for info

6 posts in this topic

At the suggestion of another forumite, I posted this here as well as in the general section but so far no information. I am intrigued with the history behind this book. Does anyone know the story behind the fifty year old book, Lone Ranger in Milk for Big Mike? Metropoliscomics*com has a copy for sale in CGC 9.8 (Item number: 6543724062) and they note "Because of the rarity of the book and the way in which it was distributed, these are tough to find in collectible grade" yet the CGC census shows 33 copies certified with the lowest grade being CGC 9.4. PGX has certified high grade copies as well.

Was this a warehouse find? How many copies exist? I seem to see this comic surface repeatedly so it certainly is not rare. I believe Aurora Comic Scenes are similar whereby all of the grades are high and the number of submissions exceed the norm for other non key comics for the period.

At the suggestion of another forumite

hi.gifgrin.gif

Come on, GA folk. Let's show our stuff!

I have to say I have really been enjoying the GA forum of late. A lot of activity and continuing revelations.

BTW - if you have not done so, Harve, just do a google search on the exact phrase "Lone Ranger in Milk for Big Mike" and a ton of links will come up.

There was a seller that has numerous copies for sale and lists them sparingly. I purchased a group of them (say 10-20 copies) and they area all in the 8.0-9.6 range. So "Rare" .....Nope....."Neat".....yup...."Worth Guide"......nope....."Worth Something".....yup....."Worth What I paid".....I'll make a profit over time and pm me if you want one for a good deal. :-)