• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] I'm looking for someone to commission a piece for me
1 1

22 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, SushiX said:

Looking for a commission piece for me ...please pm me to discuss.

Are you looking for general commission suggestions of people or something specific? I am not an artist, but there are some threads on commisssions which have been done, and recommendations available.

52 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

Are you looking for general commission suggestions of people or something specific? I am not an artist, but there are some threads on commisssions which have been done, and recommendations available.

I would like someone to do me a drawing or painting of a cover I really like...maybe putting a twist of their own. 

11 hours ago, SushiX said:

I would like someone to do me a drawing or painting of a cover I really like...maybe putting a twist of their own. 

Super-easy. 

You will have to be more specific on artists, preferences, etc. If you want anyone, you can always go to Comic Art Fans and on the home page, you will find someone or someones offering to do commissions.

Various dealers who represent artists will also list those who are doing commissions. Here is one example: http://www.splashpageart.com/

Edited by Rick2you2

24 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

Super-easy. 

You will have to be more specific on artists, preferences, etc. If you want anyone, you can always go to Comic Art Fans and on the home page, you will find someone or someones offering to do commissions.

Various dealers who represent artists will also list those who are doing commissions. Here is one example: http://www.splashpageart.com/

Thank you! I'll definitely check it out!:foryou:

8 hours ago, SushiX said:

Thank you! I'll definitely check it out!:foryou:

If you are looking for someone who I think is excellent at drawing females, with intelligence, and should be reasonably priced, I am going to recommend someone under the radar: Michelle Delecki at http://mdartstudio.tumblr.com/  I think her work at DC is mostly inking, but she is a top quality artist (nice human being too). Here is a version of Betty Page she did:

No automatic alt text available.

Edited by Rick2you2

45 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

If you are looking for someone who I think is excellent at drawing females, with intelligence, and should be reasonably priced, I am going to recommend someone under the radar: Michelle Delecki at http://mdartstudio.tumblr.com/  I think her work at DC is mostly inking, but she is a top quality artist (nice human being too). Here is a version of Betty Page she did:

Something like this exactly what I'm looking for!

22 hours ago, SushiX said:

Ken, you're familiar with Ryan Heshka, yeh? 

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/193579-got-heshka/

GF2015_15_1_zpsauqu2ywf.jpg                CINDERELLA%20LOVE%2025%20final_zpsjqlhos

4 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

What's her process? I ask because this is a famous pose from one of Bunny Yeager's photos of bettie and that art piece is pretty exact....

1218947784_bettiecrop.jpg.1c8553fdf2cd31cc03aa2efc9433b0da.jpg

20 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

What's her process? I ask because this is a famous pose from one of Bunny Yeager's photos of bettie and that art piece is pretty exact....

1218947784_bettiecrop.jpg.1c8553fdf2cd31cc03aa2efc9433b0da.jpg

I don't know, but she is trained in portraiture. So, I assume it's freehand not tracing.

This one is one she also painted (and it's a favorite of mine): Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn) Breakfast at Tiffanys:

Breakfast at Tiffanyâs, 24" x 36", Mixed Media on Canvas, 2013.

1 hour ago, Rick2you2 said:

I don't know, but she is trained in portraiture. So, I assume it's freehand not tracing.

This one is one she also painted (and it's a favorite of mine): Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn) Breakfast at Tiffanys:

Breakfast at Tiffanyâs, 24" x 36", Mixed Media on Canvas, 2013.

I dig the Hepburn!

On the Bettie, if you were to overlay the photo with the art piece I think, with the exception of the hair below her neck that the outlines would be identical. 

And with the exception of removing the fishnets and changing the shape of Bettie's right eye, that everything else is the same. The folds of the skirt, placement of the legs, the feet, the shoes, the crop, the fingers and placement of the arms and hands, the riding crop loops on both ends of it. It looks a lot like that photo was copied without those few exceptions and given a "Nagel-Style" color palette which washed out the details on her nose and face, etc. 

It's an interesting mash up of 50's photography and 80's style art trends, but I don't think this was done free hand given how similar they are.

Edited by comix4fun

9 hours ago, comix4fun said:

I dig the Hepburn!

On the Bettie, if you were to overlay the photo with the art piece I think, with the exception of the hair below her neck that the outlines would be identical. 

And with the exception of removing the fishnets and changing the shape of Bettie's right eye, that everything else is the same. The folds of the skirt, placement of the legs, the feet, the shoes, the crop, the fingers and placement of the arms and hands, the riding crop loops on both ends of it. It looks a lot like that photo was copied without those few exceptions and given a "Nagel-Style" color palette which washed out the details on her nose and face, etc. 

It's an interesting mash up of 50's photography and 80's style art trends, but I don't think this was done free hand given how similar they are.

Feel free to ask her: I could be wrong.

2 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

Feel free to ask her: I could be wrong.

Good idea, I was mostly thinking out loud. 
She's actually got a bunch of Bettie Page in her facebook gallery.