• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoM scoreboard for past week

12 posts in this topic

Bought 1 : (Uncanny X-men 462) Sticking with Claremont, although I did drop out of the Mojo interruption, and Davis art is still good enough for me.

Did not buy 4 : (HoM #3) Flipped through in store, including the ending and still didn't feel like picking it up.

(Hulk) Like David and Lucas, but shifting gears to tie-in with HoM is not appealing enough.

(Iron Man HoM) Not familiar with writer and artist. Didn't look good after flipping through pages.

(Fantastic 4 HoM) Not interested.

Anyone more adventurous than me?

my list looks exactly like yours except I didn't buy Uncanny X-Men 27_laughing.gif I don't enjoy any of the Marvel books right now. Unless they have a House of M crossover in Ultimates I'm good to go. thumbsup2.gif

Bought: HOM #3, Iron Man HOM #1, FF HOM #1. Enjoyed all 3. The minis really are great stories, especially FF. Excellent work by unknown contributors!

Did not buy: Uncanny X-Men (Are you kidding me? Uncanny has sucked regardless of Davis' art; Hulk ( sleeping.gif )

Bought: HOM #3, Iron Man HOM #1, FF HOM #1. Enjoyed all 3. The minis really are great stories, especially FF. Excellent work by unknown contributors!

Did not buy: Uncanny X-Men (Are you kidding me? Uncanny has sucked regardless of Davis' art; Hulk ( sleeping.gif )

ditto smile.gif

Did not buy: Uncanny X-Men (Are you kidding me? Uncanny has sucked regardless of Davis' art; Hulk ( )

I'm not full on in the Uncanny camp. blush.gif I think 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I'm sticking with it also because I'm in a fantasy world thinking that if I read Claremont long enough that I'll get the same type of material he put out with Byrne. crazy.gif I know, I know it's time to wake up. makepoint.gif Still think it's a better read than the plain X-men title, but not as good as Astonishing (although Astonishing has its blase moments as well.)

i've been holding on to x titles for the same reason....they were so cool when i was a kid...

now..they're just blah and after a year of reading, i have not on fond memory of anything i've read except Astonishing...

my local requires a minimum number of titles to maintain my subscription...and i'm far to lazy to get there every thursday morning to scan the shelves...i think at the end of the summer, i might just drop all the x-titles except Astonishing and pick up Titans and/or Outsiders and/or JLA....

i've been holding on to x titles for the same reason....they were so cool when i was a kid...

now..they're just blah and after a year of reading, i have not on fond memory of anything i've read except Astonishing...

my local requires a minimum number of titles to maintain my subscription...and i'm far to lazy to get there every thursday morning to scan the shelves...i think at the end of the summer, i might just drop all the x-titles except Astonishing and pick up Titans and/or Outsiders and/or JLA....

Just curious.. what's the minimum? I'm sure it wouldn't be tough for me. I read over 15 regular, monthly titles.

Minimum is one title at my lcs. Ten percent discount. Free bags and boards.

Sheesh, my LCS subscription min is for 10 books! So I passed, as all I buy are Batman, 'Tec, LOTDK, Hawkman, Aquaman, and whatever Bat-minis are running. Oh wait, this was a Marvel thread, right?

Minimum is one title at my lcs. Ten percent discount. Free bags and boards.

at mine 4 ongoing titles gets you a 10% discount....

more titles on your list the bigger the discount....i think up to 25%

no free bags and boards though....

that would be nice, but they make ya pay and use the cheapest bags around...so i don't worry about that anyway.