• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Iron Man #1
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Hello, first time poster,

I've had this book since the late 70s/early 80s when my dad bought a collection of books at a garage sale.

Some dumb kid (me) got a piece of tape stuck to the back of the book.  When I tried to remove the tape, a small hole through to the other side was created.  I left the tape in place, and then put a dot of white out on the spot on the inside of the back cover.

Years later, realizing that was a dumb idea, I scraped off the white-out.

Any ideas on grade, and does the tape/white-out fiasco affect the grade with this book?

Iron Man #1 front.jpg

Iron Man #1 rear.jpg

23 minutes ago, Kromak said:

I am unsure about the size of the hole. Can you specify it?

The actual hole itself is pretty small, probably about 1/8th -1/4 inch diameter.  I often wonder if I should remove the tape myself and uncover the hole.  There would also be a tape pull around the hole.

Edited by Zordar

37 minutes ago, Zordar said:

The actual hole itself is pretty small, probably about 1/8th -1/4 inch diameter.  I often wonder if I should remove the tape myself and uncover the hole.  There would also be a tape pull around the hole.

If you are sure it won't damage the back cover... My guess is around 4.0, hard to say, without being able to see the hole in details

Edited by Kromak
forgot grade