• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well, I just got my first eBay NEGATIVE!

34 posts in this topic

After 3 and a half years on eBay I just got my very first NEGATIVE today. It's most definitely unwarranted. Those of you who know me, know that I am never guilty of lack of communication.

I'll post the transaction details later. In the meantime, does anyone have any good suggestions on how to get the NEG removed? Thanks,

--Vince

As of right now, it looks like you're SOL trying to get this neg removed through ebay since this person has only 1 positive and no other comments. You can always look to manipulate the system. For example, if their phone #, address, or email is invalid. You can get it removed on those grounds. Here is a link to ebay's feedback removal page . If you can't find a way to manipulate their guidelines, you only have 3 other options.

#1 Wait for this person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point to get more negatives to prove your case.

#2 Request Negative feedback removal through Square Trade which is $20

#3 Live with the negative shocked.gif

I heard somewhere that if there is any vulgarity in the reply you can have it removed. Was told that you should reply to the negative with a vulgarity of some sort. Then have a buddy e-mail ebay that they were looking at your feedback & found "whatever" offensive. Supposedly ebay will remove both the initial negative & your vulgar reply. I've never tried it, but was told it works.

Mark

Looks to me like there's not much that you can do......(maybe follow greggy's advice). I say leave them non paying DEADBEAT BIDDER feedback and wear your neg like a badge of honnor. A lesson to those non paying bidders (and late paying bidders) out there that you have no problems with dealing with them.

Just my opion.

John

yep - it worked the first time - then the next time it resulted in a temporary suspension as I was "running a campaign to have negatives removed" I believe is what they said.

So use it wisely the one time.

This chick won 3 of my auctions, and I already filed the 3 NPB Alerts last Saturday. So next week I will complete the Final Value Fee credits. BTW, I think I sold you some slabbed Bronze FF's in the past.

Well, it's definitely not the end of the world. A lot of people are dying half a world away so it's really inconsequential when taken in perspective. However, no one likes being falsely accused of anything, and that is where my anger lies. If someone walks up to me on the street and punches my teeth out for no good reason whatsoever, I'm not going to take it and walk away. I'm sure my shock and awe campaign next week will leave me feeling much better. laugh.gif