• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicSupply Grading Contest Round 6

136 posts in this topic

Book is old label. White pages. Graders notes not called in on.

Grades to me, due by Tuesday at 6pm est.

book6front.jpg

book6back.jpg

WINNER's BRACKET

#15vs #28

#34 vs #38

#44 vs #56

LOSER BRACKET

#1 vs #3

#4 vs #7

#18 vs #19

#21 vs #29

#31 vs #33

#36 vs #40

#43 vs #50

#51 vs #53

#30 Automatic Bye

MEGA LOSER BRACKET

#5 vs #6

#12 vs #14

#16 vs #17

#23 vs #24

#26 vs #27

#37 vs #41

#42 vs #46

#48 vs #52

#35 Automatic Bye

What???

Eliminated with two head to head wins,...and some people in the losers' bracket have NONE?? screwy.gif

This is an elimination contest.

A tie is as good as a win except you don't hurt your opponent.

popcorn.gif

#23 vs #24

We meet for a 3rd time. I gotta say. I'm not fond of the matchups here. I think they should be at least randomly determined so that we don't face the same person 8 times in one contest.

#4 Alberto1975

vs

#7 Arty

Man, I finally get rid of Aces, and now I have to face Arty????? 893whatthe.gif

Geez, this is getting worse and worse, and on top of that, a modern!

Aces, can you PM me your grade so I can average it with mine and PM the real grade? smile.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

#23 vs #24

We meet for a 3rd time. I gotta say. I'm not fond of the matchups here. I think they should be at least randomly determined so that we don't face the same person 8 times in one contest.

I compltely agree with this point. So I'm a better grader than VG+. I want to face DIFFERENT people.

And I'm facing Warlord for a third time, 2 times in a row. Christo_pull_hair.gif

A small proposal - if there are three winners in the Winners bracket this time, give the bye to the person who nails the grade (if anybody does) or to the winner who is closest to the actual grade. That way nobody gets a random bye into the Winner group finals.

#23 vs #24

I compltely agree with this point. So I'm a better grader than VG+. I want to face DIFFERENT people.

And I'm facing Warlord for a third time, 2 times in a row. Christo_pull_hair.gif

DIE DIE WHY WON'T YOU DIE!?!?!?! sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifpoke2.gif

Seriously, the random matchups are WAY overdue. 893naughty-thumb.gif

UCLAPete and I just keep submitting our 7.5's and we'll outlast even those currently in the winners bracket. devil.gif

I want to go up against whoever gave that last round ASM a 9.2 so I can send them to the Mega Losers Bracket where they belong!! makepoint.gifinsane.gif27_laughing.gif

I want to go up against whoever gave that last round ASM a 9.2 so I can send them to the Mega Losers Bracket where they belong!!

No joke!

This next one is tough though. A high grade modern, its like a [embarrasing lack of self control] shoot. I'm gonna have to pull out a die and roll.

#4 Alberto1975

vs

#7 Arty

Man, I finally get rid of Aces, and now I have to face Arty????? 893whatthe.gif

Geez, this is getting worse and worse, and on top of that, a modern!

Aces, can you PM me your grade so I can average it with mine and PM the real grade? smile.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

You go first... devil.gif

#23 vs #24

Looks like I'm never going to face you or another ex-teammate unless we are the last two in a bracket.

sumo.gif

A small proposal - if there are three winners in the Winners bracket this time, give the bye to the person who nails the grade (if anybody does) or to the winner who is closest to the actual grade. That way nobody gets a random bye into the Winner group finals.

Someone mentioned that when only three are left in a bracket they should grade in a three way instead of head to head with no bye.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Someone mentioned that when only three are left in a bracket they should grade in a three way instead of head to head with no bye.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I agree with that. The 3 remaining contestants should all go up against each other. I think it would be very unfair to give one of those 3 a free pass into a 1-on-1 final.