• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JERRY WEIST.............BRINGING IT ON EBAY

92 posts in this topic

Jerry also authored the price guide for Original Art.....the only one to do so, although i don't think it's a well recieved (from the art community) piece of literature....Heartend, Spider9698 or Rhino might know more about it than I. -

Jerry also authored the price guide for Original Art.....the only one to do so, although i don't think it's a well recieved (from the art community) piece of literature....Heartend, Spider9698 or Rhino might know more about it than I. -

The next one is overdue. [1st 1996, 2nd 2000]

The guide is obsolete in terms of pricing but one of the things I enjoy is flipping through the book and looking at what artwork has sold over the past years. Sort of like a poorman's GPAnalysis of original art.

The guide is obsolete in terms of pricing but one of the things I enjoy is flipping through the book and looking at what artwork has sold over the past years. Sort of like a poorman's GPAnalysis of original art.

Absolutely. Amazing info. That's why I can't wait for an update. The comic art market has changed so much in the last 5 years.

Jerry also started a major fan magazine, Squa Tront.

squatront11_thumb.jpg

I think Jerry did indeed rake in a boatload of cash on his various auctions, which ended today. I was happy to win a few myself, but got spanked on most of my bids. Picked up the FF Annual #1, the raw Hulk #2 and #3, the Daredevil #2, and the JLA 6, 7, and 8.

Anyone else buy this time around? Doesn't look like a lot of bargains, unfortunately.

Dan

Jerry is a very good grader, better than most, sometimes you'll get a gem too, hence I bought a Conan 1 from him once, he graded it fine 6.0, this one I was amazed, easy 9.4 maybe higher!

Did you buy that Conan lot he just had up? I was going to bid, but it went out of my price range. It had some nice looking books in it...

nice price on the B&B #29. must've been painful to have to pay another $2500 to top zero feedback bidder.

Wow, $7700! 893whatthe.gif Clearly no softening in the HG early SA DC market, darn it!

Anyone else buy this time around? Doesn't look like a lot of bargains, unfortunately

No bargains at ALL!!! The market has been soft lately, but these auctions sure weren't. Looks like the whole world was sniping them...I got trashed on all my snipe attempts.

This past weekend's Heritage Amazing auction was like the best one of those I've EVER seen...usually it's nothing but 9.6 and 9.8 bronze/moderns, but they actually had some great 9.6 mid-Silver Marvels for sale. Got a few of those for nice prices, but today's runs from Weist went very high.

I wanted that Strange Tales 84 also, but I knew it'd go for mutliples being the only copy above 8.0.

After Looking at the prices Realized in the Jerry Weist auctions, I'm thinking of consigning books to him .If he can continue to get those prices then "Jerry's the Man". Not a bad price for the Action 12 in VF-.?

I saw that BB29 price too, and wow! Right now its top of census which must have fueled the bidding, but with so mant HG SA DCs turning up lately, does anyone NOT think its only a matter of time before a 9.4 #29 and #30 show up?? I think this 9.0 which has white pages will remain in the top 3 to 5 copies, but I cant believe i will forever be the best graded copy..

and yeah, whats with that 0 feedback bidder??? thats sucks

I saw that BB29 price too, and wow!

The price I paid for the 28 doesn't look so crazy now, does it? grin.gif

but with so mant HG SA DCs turning up lately, does anyone NOT think its only a matter of time before a 9.4 #29 and #30 show up??

If you gave me decent odds, I would be willing to bet that a 9.4 29 or 30 will not show up. They have always been tough books to find in grade. Look at that recently slabbed Showcase run that we've been discussing in another thread. As unbelievable as that run is (and I would be willing to give odds that it is and will continue to be the best early Showcase run in existence), there were more 9.0s and 9.2s than 9.4s and 9.6s.

I was also surprises tth2 wasnt in the sniping mix at the end. What up dog???? taking at nap at the close? In a meeting??

It was just a 9.0. confused-smiley-013.gif

okay. But I guess I thought you liked having the best copy, so that if the best copy was a 9.0 for instance, then great! 9.0 it is! Coupled with your other reply about probably never seeing a 9.2 or 9.4 of this book, I puzzled (in a curious not argumentative way) why you didnt go after it harder? It would be a good partner for your "best" #28!.. as it too is the "best" copy.

or maybe you were just kidding..