• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thread closed! Discounts Added Page 7! Marvel Bronze Duplicate Sale
1 1

143 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, PopKulture said:

They are very good, especially 32, and ESPECIALLY if you read the original Korvac saga in the Avengers.  (thumbsu

That Avengers Saga with Korvac in the 170s were some great stories. Of course I was 11 or 12 at the time. Helped get me hooked into comics.

34 minutes ago, surfcitycomics said:

That Avengers Saga with Korvac in the 170s were some great stories. Of course I was 11 or 12 at the time. Helped get me hooked into comics.

I firmly believe that the What If series was the precursor to all the multiverse stories we see today.  With the enormously favorable response to alternate superhero realities, publishers had to find a way to cash in on the popular stories for longer than a single book, and thus the multiverse was born.

7 minutes ago, davet75 said:

I firmly believe that the What If series was the precursor to all the multiverse stories we see today.  With the enormously favorable response to alternate superhero realities, publishers had to find a way to cash in on the popular stories for longer than a single book, and thus the multiverse was born.

Cashing in is right. I am not current with what's going on nowadays with my favorite silver and bronze age titles, but I did see enough copper reboots to make me tap out. I've heard tell of a million plus retcons since, and it just seems so convoluted. And greedy. I know of course that there are probably some great stories in there nevertheless - how couldn't there be? what with the foundations earlier laid - but I'll catch an occasional glimpse into this vast new "multiverse" one graphic novel at a time.  :shy: 

OK let's get some discounts going and see what happens...

If you have purchased something in this thread take 15% off any remaining comics, any new comers take 10% off.

This is what is left:

Amazing Spider-Man

128 VF/NM $30

168 NM $20

171 VF/NM $12

185 VF+ $5

199 vf/nm $8

254 copy A vf/nm $2

254 copy B NM- $3

264 NM $3

Avengers

135 VG $3