• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sex and the comic collector

22 posts in this topic

Original title of this thread:  Need help finding a thread

Ok.....either I've started drinking again or I'm crazier than I thought. 

I could have sworn that I read a thread recently (could have been an older thread though) where people were discussing different mylars/bags for CGC graded comics.  In it, people were discussing the small variances in width between one bag verses another and which would fit on the cgc cases a bit looser......which would be a tighter fit......which would fit on the newer and thicker cases.....etc.

The thread itself might not have even been about comic bags at all......people might have just started discussing them in the middle of the thread and a conversation could have grown out of it.  I honestly don't remember.

I've tried using the search function (which sucks donkey balls, by the way) and haven't been able to locate it.  I've located several threads discussing bags for CGC books.  Just not the one I'm looking for.  Or I've been smoking some of the stuff I found in one of Chucks books and just imagined the whole damn thing.

Anyone out there recall the thread I'm talking about that can help?  If so....thanks in advance! (worship)

Edited by Domo Arigato
Changed title to a catchier one.

13 minutes ago, comicquant said:

I'm aware of that thread.

That doesn't appear to be it.

I believe people were talking about and giving exact widths of the various bags that fit CGC graded comics and which ones fit looser/tighter etc.  I also seem to recall that some people were posting scans showing how different bags fit differently on the different slabs and such.  I should have bookmarked the dang thing while I was reading it.

Edited by Domo Arigato

50 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I use google when trying to search for stuff on the boards, due to the donkey ball factor. 

Just tried this. 

Went through several dozen threads but still didn't find the one I'm thinking about.

Thanks anyway.

I'm interested in this topic as well, but I can't recall a definitive thread on it, maybe a conversation which passed me by but you saw.  So I just ordered the two sizes of BCW bags for graded books, 2 mil poly not mylar, the 9X14 and the 8 1/2 X 13 7/16.  Different size flaps on each one I think, but not sure.  Some slabs are deeper than others. I went with the BCW's because I just got a slab in the mail from an ebay seller and I liked the bag - snug but not incredibly so, the poly not as thick as mylar or even the pseudo mylar bags, but not so thin as to be friction tearable when rubbing against other bagged slabs as you pull the slab out of a tightly packed box.

I'll post when I get them and check them out.  United we stand, and all that.  (thumbsu

55 minutes ago, greggy said:

You have slabbed books?

You bastage lol

I actually didn't realize how many I had until I counted the other day.  I think it was 80 some slabs.  :baiting:

Of course, then I realized how craptastic the bags were that they were stored in to help keep the cases scratch free.

28 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

I'll post when I get them and check them out.  United we stand, and all that.  (thumbsu

That would be great.......thanks! (thumbsu

And who else in here can say that Dr. Love posted in their sex thread. :banana:

4 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

Original title of this thread:  Need help finding a thread

Ok.....either I've started drinking again or I'm crazier than I thought. 

I could have sworn that I read a thread recently (could have been an older thread though) where people were discussing different mylars/bags for CGC graded comics.  In it, people were discussing the small variances in width between one bag verses another and which would fit on the cgc cases a bit looser......which would be a tighter fit......which would fit on the newer and thicker cases.....etc.

The thread itself might not have even been about comic bags at all......people might have just started discussing them in the middle of the thread and a conversation could have grown out of it.  I honestly don't remember.

I've tried using the search function (which sucks donkey balls, by the way) and haven't been able to locate it.  I've located several threads discussing bags for CGC books.  Just not the one I'm looking for.  Or I've been smoking some of the stuff I found in one of Chucks books and just imagined the whole damn thing.

Anyone out there recall the thread I'm talking about that can help?  If so....thanks in advance! (worship)

Change your search words to "donkey balls" for better results. :gossip:

2 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

Yeah, but then you will just find threads in which both @N/A (Junk Donkey) and @Dr. Balls posted

No, if you put something specific in " " it eliminates the riff raff.

2 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:
3 minutes ago, Park said:

Eliminating riff raff needs to be done around here post haste.

And which one are you, sir?

I am an instigator extroidanaire.

Not some filthy riff raff.

Sir.

1 minute ago, Park said:

I am an instigator extroidanaire.

Not some filthy riff raff.

Sir.

hm

I would have figured raff but also suspect you are a riff denier.  It will all come out in the wash, mister.  Along with my missing socks.

1 minute ago, GACollectibles said:

hm

I would have figured raff but also suspect you are a riff denier.  It will all come out in the wash, mister.  Along with my missing socks.

You just go wash your socks, buddy.